Beastly backsprings.

Okay, now before anybody gets mad, I LOVE SAK's, I really do. I have the Swisschamp XAVT, it's one of the coolest knives ever. But... I do have one problem, and I was hoping you might be able to help me. The backsprings on my SAK's are MONSTROUS, I can't even open the things unaided. IS there a way to make the springs a little looser and the opening easier? I'd ideally like to be able to pinch the tools open, or at least get them out without nearly breaking my fingernails.

hello, i suggest getting what we call a wartime swiss army knife, one with the bolsters and the fiber scales and then use that as training aid to get stronger fingers and nails.

no serious, it may need some oil, if its dry then it takes more friction to move the blade.

+B
swissbianco.com

glad it worked. now there is different oil of course that will give you different lubrication, victorinox sell the exact oil they use at the factory and in usa we have a lot of good usable oils, what i use is sentry solution brand. what should not be used is wd40 and other like that and of course natural oil like olive oil.

+B
swissbianco.com

Back