Beat up on the Bay by my own Family !!!

Lost a beautiful 25th anny knife tonight , been waiting for one of these for several years and just as i was about to win, a flock of snipe swooped in and took it away !!! Dang !! You know who you are DOG !!! :D:D:D

P.S. Did i mention it was my own Family ?????

Ahem, um...Dave, any idea about precisely WHICH family member may be responsible for such a low, cowardly deed???

Personally, I can state with clear conscience that I don't have a 25th Anny knife. Others, well...Let's just see who cops to it;)

I'LL TAKE IT!!!

I don't want to say just yet , but it was a dasterdly deed indeed , had my heart set on it !!! You have no idea, the pain is horrendous !!!

I know how you feel Dave. A 25th Anniversary was one of the first things I ever bid for on eBay. It was the first thing I didn't win. I actually had it until the last fraction of a second. :(

I know how you feel Dave. A 25th Anniversary was one of the first things I ever bid for on eBay. It was the first thing I didn't win. I actually had it until the last fraction of a second. :(

I wonder if the family member in question got yours too ? This is very sad, I am crushed, it's worse than the car wreck !!

Was it some cork-screw designer typer? Or perhaps a Slinky engineer? :D

Sorry to hear of that Dave...

tom19176

Gold Member
Dave, Dave, since it was family perhaps they were buying it as a GIFT for you !!!! You more than deserve one !!!!

I think it was closer to a tornado. He was fast! :D:D

mike

Looks like the guilty party has spoke up.........??

I would expect something like this from OL, but Mike. :rolleyes: ;)

Make sure we get some awesome pics, if it was you Mike.....just
so Dave can atleast have a good look at it. :D

i hate using that "thing", so even if it was me, it isn't :p

good job spiral, crushing a grown man's dreams like that. hope you feel like doof for it. now appologize to Dave and tell him you're sorry! :p

imp

Wow, what a deal!!! Basically very close to a custom Onion Avalanche. If I remember correctly 500 were supposed to be made but due to whatever difficulties only a handful were actually released and I don't believe they sold too well on the retail level when they were released($500 MSRP). The special thing about this knife is that a number of the blades were hand ground by Ken. Tom Mayo also ground some of the blades. No matter what the condition of this one, $150 is a steal for this knife IMHO. You should have put a high maximum bid esp. if you really wanted it.

HA..... Dave, I am truly sorry, but, I was prepared to bid more than I had in the knife budget to get that one. I looked at the bid history right after. I was the second and last bidder. I went 150, someone topped me, my ebay went wonky, then I furiouosly hit reload until the page caught up with 15 sec left..... then I went all in... I have no idea what one goes for but lets say I was willing to get into KO Forum Bump Territory. I cleared it with wifey and e/t:D:D. And not to add insult to injury, I used the 10 pct off ebay coupon.....:p:D

I'm still ridin' the high off of that one.... Just to show you what a sport I can be, If I ever decide to sell it I will sell it to you for exactly what I have in it... Promise:D:thumbup:

Another note: I hate how you can't see who the other bidders are anymore.... Dave, If I had known it was you I would have hesitated for a second before bringin' the wood. You know, until I realized how many Kershaws you have that I don't;):D

Did I mention how excited I am about this.... I am sending another person my hard earned money but I still feel like I won the lottery.

Did I mention how excited I am about this.... I am sending another person my hard earned money but I still feel like I won the lottery.

Spiral, that's what it's all about right there! :thumbup: Is it, dare I say it, your holy grail? :eek:

You know, sv and I were chatting the other night, and talked about this very same issue. We really need to find a way to keep from bidding against another Family member here, or to at least let everyone know what we're bidding on...something for you and Dave to think about! ;):p:D

HA..... Dave, I am truly sorry, but, I was prepared to bid more than I had in the knife budget to get that one. I looked at the bid history right after. I was the second and last bidder. I went 150, someone topped me, my ebay went wonky, then I furiouosly hit reload until the page caught up with 15 sec left..... then I went all in... I have no idea what one goes for but lets say I was willing to get into KO Forum Bump Territory. I cleared it with wifey and e/t:D:D. And not to add insult to injury, I used the 10 pct off ebay coupon.....:p:D

I'm still ridin' the high off of that one.... Just to show you what a sport I can be, If I ever decide to sell it I will sell it to you for exactly what I have in it... Promise:D:thumbup:

I am actually glad you got the knife and not someone else. I had to at least give you a bad time. Normally when I bid on something like that i enter my own bid with only a few seconds to go, this time I needed to be somewhere at closing so i used a free sniping site , which gave to 15 seconds or so to bid again. I also always go 5 cents higher than my high bid, that is why i was in at 150.05 and you were at 150.00. You also would not have liked what I was going to do to that knife. I saw one modded once with all blade writing removed, very Hot !!!

Dave

I am actually glad you got the knife and not someone else. I had to at least give you a bad time. Normally when I bid on something like that i enter my own bid with only a few seconds to go, this time I needed to be somewhere at closing so i used a free sniping site , which gave to 15 seconds or so to bid again. I also always go 5 cents higher than my high bid, that is why i was in at 150.05 and you were at 150.00. You also would not have liked what I was going to do to that knife. I saw one modded once with all blade writing removed, very Hot !!!

Dave

Dave!!!:eek: Now I gotta say that I'm GLAD Spiral sniped you:D You don't send a 25th Anniversary Onion to the Franken-lab!!!!:cool:

What could you possibly be thinking?????;)