Beating the winter blues trying my new CS LaFontaine Thrower

So it's mid Feb and cold here in MN and I haven't thrown any blades for over 6 months, but I recently got a new Cold Steel LaFontaine Thrower on sale online. I was going to wait til winter was over to try it but curiosity got the better of me. I added some smallish thin G10 scales to it and took it out for a few throws yesterday. I was rusty as all get out, but once I dialed in my distance all went well, except getting cold hands too soon.

I would say looking at the shape of that knife which is similar to a Kukri it would spin faster than a normal shaped knife, that would be why you need to stand closer to the target. Both Kukri's and tomahawks spin faster due to their design/shape.

You should try instinctive no-spin knife throwing so that you don't ever have to worry about your distance. My favs are the Eastwind and Northwinds from Flying Steel.

On a side note, I truly envy your weather. I live in Texas where it's basically summer all year. At least in the winter, you can keep putting on more layers to stay warm. There's no escaping 90+ degrees w/humidity, and there's definitely no throwing unless you want to die of a heat stroke after 10 minutes lol.

:) I have 5 of these . Not the easiest to throw , but I like the blade style . :cool::thumbsup:

They come sharpened like a regular knife . Really too sharp for throwing practice .

Back