Beauty & The Beast

Discussion in 'Fletcher Knives' started by B Griffin, May 6, 2015.

1. B Griffin

B Griffin Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    Thought I'd post some better pics today :)

The new 24/7 in 3/32 CPM154, with file-worked tapered tang, OD scales, and orange racing stripes. My new edc companion :) Loving this knife, Dylan nailed exactly what I needed in this one!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some shots of the Beast. Dylan nailed this one too :) The man is damn good at what he does!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2015
  2. write2dgray

write2dgray

Jan 17, 2012
    Those are both very nice, refined designs. Functional and sexy, I like :).

3. necrolicious

necrolicious

Nov 14, 2014
    A Fletcher knife sitting on a shelf will silently judge you every moment you're not using it. They beg you to use them! That beast is gorgeous!

4. caine

caine

Nov 9, 2003
    DAMNIT MAN both of thoses look great

5. trestle

trestle

Feb 2, 2008
    Serious bevel on those blades....wowza :eek:

6. SA Condor

SA Condor

Mar 10, 2014
    Those are awesome! I can't wait to get my 24/7. I'm not sure if it will have filework though. I kinda hope so. Yours looks super cool! The beast . . . no words.

7. whitty

whitty Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Aug 25, 2005
    Those pics really show off the ability of these knives. Nicely done Brian!

8. B Griffin

Dec 22, 2007
    Me too, sexy is a good attribute in a companion :)

I agree on all points!

Yeah, Dylan does some amazing work!

Yeah, seriously sharp edges!

The Pro 6-5 shown above has gone everywhere I have gone for the last few years, and it has wandered some sketchy streets in some large cities with me. I knew as soon as I saw Dylan doing the 24/7 I was going to want one with the taper and file work. He definitely did not disappoint!

Yeah, I didn't have many words either...mostly just grins and guttural sounds like Tim Taylor :D

Thanks Whitty, glad you enjoyed the post!

9. mec003

mec003

Jan 1, 2015
    Those are freaking sweet!

10. B Griffin

Dec 22, 2007
    Very close to my exact words when I picked them up at Dylan's shop...though less profane :D

11. Fletcher Knives

Fletcher Knives STEEL BREATHING BLADE MAESTRO Moderator

Aug 30, 2007
    I love nothing more than to see my knives getting used.

Had to delete this post rant. Too many people I know bitches about it. I guess most knifemakers make their money from the "collector market".

12. B Griffin

Dec 22, 2007
    But...but...but....I was hoping for a fancy-handled E-II with some of that crazy shade tree stuff you used before, at some point in the future...darn it...

That's just mean :( :p :D

13. Fletcher Knives

Aug 30, 2007
    Had to delete this post rant. Too many people I know bitches about it. I guess most knifemakers make their money from the "collector market"..

14. SA Condor

SA Condor

Mar 10, 2014
    Well, I plan on carrying and using my 24/7 even though it's going to have a cool handle material :D

Bring it on! Let's put this knife to work.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2015
  15. B Griffin

Dec 22, 2007
    Nothing wrong with cool handle materials :)

16. wildmanh

wildmanh Part time Leather Bender/Sheath maker

Jul 9, 2000
    Sexy, Sexy, sexy!

17. Fletcher Knives

Aug 30, 2007
    Everyone needs to calm down. I've gotten all kinds of messages and emails about this. The rant that I posted had a very basic point. I hate when people say that knives they've never used are the best user knives. That's all. It wasn't directed towards anyone in particular, wasn't specifically about anyone. If you're thinking, "he's talking about me." You're incorrect. I'm not one to beat around the bush. If I wanted that directed at anyone, I would have said, "so n so sucks as a human because..."and then laid it all out. Guys and gals, do not be sensitive about this. Let it go. It was a statement on a problem I see with false hype in the knife community. Period.

18. whitty

whitty Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Aug 25, 2005

I hate when people buy beautiful works of art and just hang them on their wall. They need to take that artwork out for a ride and show it off to people. I would love to see nothing more than a guy show up to a cocktail party carrying a $43,000,000 van gogh around:D.

By the way that Hatchulla 3 you made for me is sitting nicely in my safe!

No worries Dylan it's all good!

19. poptik

poptik

Jun 27, 2014
    Fletcher knives are so damn sexy

20. Fletcher Knives

Aug 30, 2007
    If that guy is going around telling people that it's the best painting for chopping and camp chores, and it doesn't have a scratch on it, I'm calling bull$&!t!!

It's not people that collect knives that make me disappointed. In the original post, I even said, "I get the collector market. I collect knives too." The thing I was talking about is when someone buys a knife, NEVER EVER USES IT, and then posts everywhere about how it's the best slicer and you can use it all day with no hot spots. Meanwhile they have no idea. I COLLECT KNIVES. I'M NOT SAYING NOBODY SHOULD COLLECT KNIVES.

I'm guilty of owning absolutely spotless knives that cost more than a new Ducati and I will never use them, BUT I don't tell everyone that they're the best users out there because I don't know. It's just silly when someone spends tons of money on a knife with a great brand name, never uses it, and then tells everyone is the best user just because it has a good name attached to it.

I love my own brand name more than almost anything (I said almost), but I wouldn't steer someone to buy a B&G and tell them it makes an awesome bushcraft knife, and I wouldn't want anyone else telling people it's the best bushcraft knife. I'm very honest about what knives I make and what jobs they're best for. I don't just say, "hey... If it's got the FK on it, it's the best for whatever you're talking about." Some of my knives are designed for very specific tasks and would totally suck for others.

I love the collector market, of which I take part in happily, and I love everyone who buys my knives, regardless of whether they're buying a knife to appreciate the time and artistry I put into it, or because they want a user knife they can beat to death. Either way, I am ultimately appreciative. Of course I love it when someone beats the snot out of one of my knives and tells me about how it preformed, but I also feel pride when someone recognizes the effort I put into a design and execution and they tell me that they will display it as art.

Hopefully people understand what I'm talking about.