Beauty & The Beast

Mistwalker

Gold Member
Thought I'd post some better pics today :)

The new 24/7 in 3/32 CPM154, with file-worked tapered tang, OD scales, and orange racing stripes. My new edc companion :) Loving this knife, Dylan nailed exactly what I needed in this one!

DSC_7256.jpg

DSC_7247.jpg

DSC_7138.jpg

DSC_7284vert.jpg

DSC_7790.jpg

DSC_7793.jpg

DSC_7723.jpg

DSC_7739.jpg

Some shots of the Beast. Dylan nailed this one too :) The man is damn good at what he does!

DSC_7410crpt.jpg

DSC_7424.jpg

DSC_7428.jpg

DSC_7481.jpg

DSC_7482.jpg

DSC_7483.jpg

DSC_7498.jpg

DSC_7532.jpg

DSC_7542.jpg

DSC_7543.jpg

DSC_7546.jpg

DSC_7556.jpg

DSC_7558.jpg

DSC_7567.jpg

DSC_7579.jpg

Last edited:
A Fletcher knife sitting on a shelf will silently judge you every moment you're not using it. They beg you to use them! That beast is gorgeous!

Those are awesome! I can't wait to get my 24/7. I'm not sure if it will have filework though. I kinda hope so. Yours looks super cool! The beast . . . no words.

Those pics really show off the ability of these knives. Nicely done Brian!

Those are both very nice, refined designs. Functional and sexy, I like :).

Me too, sexy is a good attribute in a companion :)

A Fletcher knife sitting on a shelf will silently judge you every moment you're not using it. They beg you to use them! That beast is gorgeous!

I agree on all points!

DAMNIT MAN both of thoses look great

Yeah, Dylan does some amazing work!

Serious bevel on those blades....wowza :eek:

Yeah, seriously sharp edges!

Those are awesome! I can't wait to get my 24/7. I'm not sure if it will have filework though. I kinda hope so. Yours looks super cool! The beast . . . no words.

The Pro 6-5 shown above has gone everywhere I have gone for the last few years, and it has wandered some sketchy streets in some large cities with me. I knew as soon as I saw Dylan doing the 24/7 I was going to want one with the taper and file work. He definitely did not disappoint!

Yeah, I didn't have many words either...mostly just grins and guttural sounds like Tim Taylor :D

Those pics really show off the ability of these knives. Nicely done Brian!

Thanks Whitty, glad you enjoyed the post!

I love nothing more than to see my knives getting used.

Had to delete this post rant. Too many people I know bitches about it. I guess most knifemakers make their money from the "collector market".

Last edited:
But...but...but....I was hoping for a fancy-handled E-II with some of that crazy shade tree stuff you used before, at some point in the future...darn it...

That's just mean :( :p :D

Had to delete this post rant. Too many people I know bitches about it. I guess most knifemakers make their money from the "collector market"..

Last edited:
Well, I plan on carrying and using my 24/7 even though it's going to have a cool handle material :D

Bring it on! Let's put this knife to work.

had to delete the post. Too many people got butt-hurt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone needs to calm down. I've gotten all kinds of messages and emails about this. The rant that I posted had a very basic point. I hate when people say that knives they've never used are the best user knives. That's all. It wasn't directed towards anyone in particular, wasn't specifically about anyone. If you're thinking, "he's talking about me." You're incorrect. I'm not one to beat around the bush. If I wanted that directed at anyone, I would have said, "so n so sucks as a human because..."and then laid it all out. Guys and gals, do not be sensitive about this. Let it go. It was a statement on a problem I see with false hype in the knife community. Period.

Everyone needs to calm down. I've gotten all kinds of messages and emails about this. The rant that I posted had a very basic point. I hate when people say that knives they've never used are the best user knives. That's all. It wasn't directed towards anyone in particular, wasn't specifically about anyone. If you're thinking, "he's talking about me." You're incorrect. I'm not one to beat around the bush. If I wanted that directed at anyone, I would have said, "so n so sucks as a human because..."and then laid it all out. Guys and gals, do not be sensitive about this. Let it go. It was a statement on a problem I see with false hype in the knife community. Period.

I hate when people buy beautiful works of art and just hang them on their wall. They need to take that artwork out for a ride and show it off to people. I would love to see nothing more than a guy show up to a cocktail party carrying a $43,000,000 van gogh around:D.

By the way that Hatchulla 3 you made for me is sitting nicely in my safe!

No worries Dylan it's all good!

If that guy is going around telling people that it's the best painting for chopping and camp chores, and it doesn't have a scratch on it, I'm calling bull$&!t!!

It's not people that collect knives that make me disappointed. In the original post, I even said, "I get the collector market. I collect knives too." The thing I was talking about is when someone buys a knife, NEVER EVER USES IT, and then posts everywhere about how it's the best slicer and you can use it all day with no hot spots. Meanwhile they have no idea. I COLLECT KNIVES. I'M NOT SAYING NOBODY SHOULD COLLECT KNIVES.

I'm guilty of owning absolutely spotless knives that cost more than a new Ducati and I will never use them, BUT I don't tell everyone that they're the best users out there because I don't know. It's just silly when someone spends tons of money on a knife with a great brand name, never uses it, and then tells everyone is the best user just because it has a good name attached to it.

I love my own brand name more than almost anything (I said almost), but I wouldn't steer someone to buy a B&G and tell them it makes an awesome bushcraft knife, and I wouldn't want anyone else telling people it's the best bushcraft knife. I'm very honest about what knives I make and what jobs they're best for. I don't just say, "hey... If it's got the FK on it, it's the best for whatever you're talking about." Some of my knives are designed for very specific tasks and would totally suck for others.

I love the collector market, of which I take part in happily, and I love everyone who buys my knives, regardless of whether they're buying a knife to appreciate the time and artistry I put into it, or because they want a user knife they can beat to death. Either way, I am ultimately appreciative. Of course I love it when someone beats the snot out of one of my knives and tells me about how it preformed, but I also feel pride when someone recognizes the effort I put into a design and execution and they tell me that they will display it as art.

Hopefully people understand what I'm talking about.

I hate when people buy beautiful works of art and just hang them on their wall. They need to take that artwork out for a ride and show it off to people. I would love to see nothing more than a guy show up to a cocktail party carrying a $43,000,000 van gogh around:D.

By the way that Hatchulla 3 you made for me is sitting nicely in my safe!

No worries Dylan it's all good!

Back