Becker BK-7 CU project

I am considering having a finger choil ground into my BK-7. Aside from better handle scales, it is the one major feature the knife is missing.

The bladesman who will do the work will be using a slow speed water wheel so as not to affect the heat treatment of the blade. He would basically follow whatever design for the choil I draw on the knife.

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions regarding this? Has anyone tried it? Thanks!

I bought a dremel tip that would fit into my cordless drill, and did it in about 20 minutes. It was very easy to do. Once you get past the edge, heat isn't a problem, and even laying into it hard, I didn't ever have it so hot I couldn't touch it. I'll try and post a picture soon.

PS - Great knife!

GORGEOUS! Your knife is an absolutely beautiful custom. I am not looking for a show piece, but rather simply want to make my knife more universally useful. I would want to keep the black finish, just have the finger choil cut out.

I also want to replace the scales with micarta (the wood looks fantastic, too, btw).

What did you use for the design/measurements? Yours is essentially perfect for what I want.

Thanks!

Back