Becker designs??

Are you guys still planning to release some of the old Becker designs? I would love to have another shot at the Campanion and Fisk camp knife.

-Bart

Yes, Camillus is planning to revive these models. The grind for the Fisk Magnum Camp knife will be a bit different than the original, and blade steel will be too. I'm looking forward to seeing the Becker stuff again too.

Sorry for stealing your thunder, Will
smile.gif

------------------
Dexter Ewing
Knife Reviews Moderator
AKTI Member # A000005

Bart,
Thanks for the interest! Dex is up on the latest intel as usual. Here's some more....

Yup, we are reviving the BECKER KNIFE & TOOL line from the past, and making it better than ever! In collaboration with Mr Ethan Becker[Founder, BK&T], we will be introducing the NEW BECKER KNIFE & TOOL line at this SHOT SHOW, Jan17-20, in Las Vegas[booth#3240]. The first models unvieled will be the BRUTE, CAMPANION, and the TacTool[a re-engineered verion of the ResQ-DivTul].

More details will be forthcoming in an additional post. Thanks again for the interest. Your gonna love these knives!

------------------
Stay Sharp!
Will Fennell
Camillus Cutlery

A revised ResQ-DivTul. Well, will miracles never cease? I've wanted one for quite some time, but never found one, so it seems my search will soon be over. Now I just have to wait! Ar-r-rgh!

Will, many thanks to us Becker fans to your crew for reviving some great knife designs. Any details on steel selections or design changes from the original Becker designs?

------------------
Don LeHue

The pen is mightier than the sword...outside of arm's reach. Modify radius accordingly for rifle.

Don,

All the new BKT items will be made from
0170-6c, a high carbon steel that has been used for cutlery for many years. ("Western's Chrome V") Great steel, a true cutlery "tool steel".

The tactical entry tool is a bit longer than the old version and has some revamped features.

The scales are of GV6h nylon-practically unbreakable!
All blades will be black powder coated for good looks as well as corrosion resistance.

Also ALL BKT sheaths will be of kydex.
BKT sheaths during the Blackjack era were sometimes pretty bad!

Great designs that will be better than ever once Camillus takes the helm.

All this per Will Fennel-hope I didnt leave anything out.

------------------
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
"The most effective armor is to keep out of range"-Italian proverb

Anthony, a belated thanks for the reply. I'll now wait as patiently as possible, and figure out ways to break "the news" to my wife.
wink.gif

------------------
Don LeHue

The pen is mightier than the sword...outside of arm's reach. Modify radius accordingly for rifle.

Very interesting... I prize my Becker Knife & Tool Companion, fortunately ordered before they went belly up. It rides in the SUV for emergencies (skinning Buicks, etc.). Will the new line also be epoxy coated? Mine has some kind of very tough grey coating (blade, tang and all). It's 1/4" thick, and takes and holds a shaving edge better than any other prybar I know of.

Ed,
Thanks for the interest! Yes the BK&T products will be coated, but this time with a BLACK epoxy powder coat. This was one of the most requested changes for BK&T the last time around, so we were sure to start with the color of choice this time. Also, alot of folks requested an improvement in the sheaths, which we have addressed by planning Kydex sheaths for the revised BK&T line. I believe you will like the improvement.
wink.gif

------------------
Stay Sharp!
Will Fennell
Camillus Cutlery

This sounds great, but I did like the old coating. I don't care tooo much for black. Any chance we could order them bare?

-Bart

Back