Becker Fall Gathering chat thread

looks like the Southern Gathering is the same weekend as the usual "Fall Tool Auction"...

mmm. choices. ideally, Gathering === driving down i think. take a few days both ways and/or get there early/stay late. dunno.

then there's the tool thing. massive local community. it's not like there's much i need right now, and i know "the parts guy of doom" who is also local. mmm.

but i do think i need vacation... mmm. both are good.

Well, it sounds like the Gathering might be the better choice!

I'm planning on doing some more axe stuff if anybody's interested. I've got some cool stuff planned and sharpening and edge maintenance are on that list . We didn't get as much hands on time at the last gathering and I want to change that this time and get some more dirt time and blisters .

I wouldn't mind seeing some discussion on what to carry, what all people pack in their rucks, etc... something along the same lines of what we briefly did for our EDC discussion the one time like 6 gatherings back.

Ok, so we have an hour of axe class -- care & feeding followed by felling, followed by after care?
then we have a discussion about EDC -- and the various forms of it. (pocket, murse, Dakota truck...)

I'm bringing a bunch of axes again so if there's anything in particular that someone wants to work on then we can probably make that happen in between whenever and dinner.

i'm going to take a week off work, and attempt a drive down/back

which means i can bring a few things. axes. tools. gear.

who all is doing axe seminars? most of you are not what i'd call axe friendly... big knives and Beckers and ... that's been kinda a thorn in my side for ages. a lot of big knives do not work in New England / North American tree work. axes. mass. chop chop chop. i've tried, but it's just no fun.

so, axes. i have a lot. i used them more than any knife. period.

i'm going to take a week off work, and attempt a drive down/back

which means i can bring a few things. axes. tools. gear.

who all is doing axe seminars? most of you are not what i'd call axe friendly... big knives and Beckers and ... that's been kinda a thorn in my side for ages. a lot of big knives do not work in New England / North American tree work. axes. mass. chop chop chop. i've tried, but it's just no fun.

so, axes. i have a lot. i used them more than any knife. period.

Seems like a great subject for a seminar!

I own and use axes & big knives -- but not as much as I use saws and a splitting maul.

I think we can talk some EDC and packs and such. Murph was planning on bringing some extra packs, and I will bring what I have available so we can talk EDC.

not that I'm counting, but we're up to 21 going, plus Zacky and 4 maybe's in the sign-up thread.

Back