Becker g10 handles public service announcement

Well I got some g10 handles from the knife connection. Not a fan so far. They are thinner than the standard Kabar handles. The palm swell is almost non existent. I feel like I'm gripping a flat rectangle.

Don't get me wrong I'm going to keep them. I like the look of the g10 and the texture is similar to the Kabar micarta. I'm going to add some THICK liners. I just feel like for the higher then usual price I would expect them to be just as thick as the standard grivory.

If any of you fellow beckerheads like thick handles the Kabar micarta is the thickest. Although they really aren't much bigger than the standard you can feel the difference.

Moral of the story: if you want a thick handle the Kabar micarta and TKC g10 won't solve the problems. You better get good at making liners. I'm still working on that "good" part. Haha

Now the g10 scales for the bk14 are nice. Thin at the top and thick in the back. Also a little thicker than the standard black Kabar handles I have on my bk24.

4ca523b74b3366a88c074c54d13a6c91.jpg

e2b75a113bcfbb789b7687948594c091.jpg

f6eb11329912afe0e7b7bfbfc91dd212.jpg

4dd7504aede347532c7175147e6a22f6.jpg

13588a4201fba0c3105974522824f98c.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting. I think I'd like those. :)

Sorry they didn't work as well as you had hoped. Thanks for the side by side comparison photos though. Should help some of us when looking to switch scales.

This has just made me consider getting some. I have very wide palms but quite short fingers.

They do look cool; thanks for sharing your observations and impressions.

On the 14 they are amazing imo, and on the tweeners as well. They wont fit in a regular tweener ( Kydex ) sheath because of the thump indent, and they seem a smidge thinner than the standard grips, but I LOVE mine. I didnt know that on the full size handles they are thinner and less contoured. Good to know. I will need to handle some on a Becker and see how I like them before I buy a set. I had planned to get a set when the 21 drops, because DAMN .

Last edited:
On the 14 they are amazing imo, and on the tweeners as well. They wont fit in a regular tweener sheath because of the thump indent, and they seem a smidge thinner than the standard grips, but I LOVE mine. I didnt know that on the full size handles they are thinner and less contoured. Good to know. I will need to handle some on a Becker and see how I like them before I buy a set. I had planned to get a set when the 21 drops, because DAMN .

Nice to know about sheath not fitting. I was think about getting some g10 black and blue for my 16 as well.

I have a set, but for some reason the hardware is too long and won't work on anything except the BK2.
I'll have to make liners.
I love the feel of G10 though.

I have a set, but for some reason the hardware is too long and won't work on anything except the BK2.
I'll have to make liners.
I love the feel of G10 though.

My set came with additional hardware for the bk2/bk3 and shorter ones for the others.

Nice to know about sheath not fitting. I was think about getting some g10 black and blue for my 16 as well.

I should clarify. They wont fit in a tweener kydex sheath unless its made for those handles. They fit just fine in a regular tweener sheath. Sorry for not saying that right the first time.

My set came with additional hardware for the bk2/bk3 and shorter ones for the others.

Ahh...
I got mine second hand, so I bet that's why.
Thanks KJ.
I'll have to get a hold of Dale and get the correct set.

Back