Becker Help

I'm trying to sharpen my Becker Companion but its not going so well. Any help is appreciated on how to go bout sharpening it. Thanks.

AR fan

BANNED
What kind of equipment are you using?
Are you trying to reprofile the edge, (change its angle)?

I'm using the kind of sharpener that clamps tp the blade. I just want to sharpen it. It was very dull when i got it from Camillus.

AR fan

BANNED
The first thing you need to do is determine the bevel of the knife edge. This is pretty simple, just take a permanent marker and color the edge. Then try different guide holes til you find the one that removes the most material from the edge. This may take a while if you are using standard stones, so be patient, then sharpen away, (first with the coarse stone). Start one one side and sharpen til you feel a little burr. Then switch to the medium stone to start smoothing it up. once you've gotten it as smooth as you can with that then go to the fine stone, you may get a burr that doesn't want to go away, if this happens alternate sides with each swipe using very light pressure.
If you are using the standard stones it may take a while, but stick to it and you'll get it.

AR fan

BANNED
I forgot to mention that when I sharpened my Campanion for the first time the edge bevel was so steep that the guide wouldn't allow the stone to reach the edge. If this happens you will and IMHO should reprofile the edge. This is best done with a diamond Lansky or by sending it to Tom Krein for a regrind.