Becker Machax Warrior

I originally posted this on the general knife discussion forum, but had only two responces, so I figured I would try here. I have a BK&T Machax that was given to me about 10-12 years ago. It has a satin finished blade with a sharpened clippoint. On one side of the blade BK&T Cincinnati, USA is written, on the other it says BECKER MACHAX. The handle was originally a hard black plastic material, but I broke one side and replaced it with a paracord wrap of my own design. The sheath is black ballistic nylon with a pouch on the front and six loops on the back, I think the loops are meant for alice clips but they also hold six extra rounds of .308 extremely well which is what I use them for. I was told that becuase of the sharpened clippoint that this version is called a machax warrior. I was also told that the blade is made from 4140 spring steel. I just wanted to know if the info I have is correct and if the knife is an original Becker, or a Blackjack.

Thanks for any info anyone has.

Hi Hey RSRRHINO

The Warrior Machax you own was made in Cincinnati and is an "Original" ie pre Blackjack Machax made in our original "plant" which is our old garage... The steel is , indeed, 4140 chrome moly at about 55 RC . The sheath is by John Carver at Eagle Industries. The Warrior variant is pretty rare, I do not think we made more than 50 of them. Hope this satisfies your curiosity and thanks for the question....

All Best
Ethan

Thanks you,

That was a very quick responce and it answered any questions I might have had. I am new to Bladeforums and it is nice to see that even fngs like myself are given the same treatment as everyone else here, thank you again.

-RSRRhnio

Originally posted by RSRRhino
I am new to Bladeforums and it is nice to see that even fngs like myself are given the same treatment as everyone else here, thank you again.
It's your signature line. A guy with a signature line like that has to be cool (I loved that line):D
Really, this is an awesome forum. There's just something about asking a question about a knife, and having the guy that designed it answer. One of the few (if not only) manufacturer's forums I know of where you have not only great representation from the company (Will), but also input from the guys behind the knives. Ethan Becker, Jerry Fisk, Darrel Ralph, Rob Simonich....big names, busy guys, but they still take time to help people out on the forums.
Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy:eek:

I couldn't believe that the man that designed my knife actually replied that fast. I think it shows his true passion for blades. That is why I am a huge fan of Becker designs and the Camillus line.

I have what I believe to be is a first model Machax. It has BK&T that looks to be engraved with a moto-tool. The steel looks parkarized. The handle is walnut. The outstanding black sheath is stamped Becker Machax. Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Terry Henderson

Back