Beckerhead Chop Test at Half Moon Ridge

Thanks for the post Moose. I'm glad I have a BK-9. Just waiting for the ground to dry enough for me to start the annual debris clean-up around here.

Excellent test moose!

I just thought that I would bump this, as some of these types of questions have been coming up the last little while.

Interestingly enough, I did a review on the BK9 recently, and it chopped my 4-6in log I was using in almost exactly the same amount of strokes as moose did (26 for mine). Same with the BK2. Mine did it in 45. I just thought it was cool how consistent the blades were. You can expect a 9 to be about twice the chopper of a 2.

nosss enjoys breaking knives, that's about it.
I almost cried when the 9 broke...
I didn't really expect it to survive, I mean, really, the only true survivor of his tests was 1/2 inches thick S90V steel, Becker's relatively thin 1095 Cro- Van steel can't take that much punishment, nothing can.

Durnit moose. You're making it hard for me to resist buying a 9 until my pocketbook recovers. At least I have my HI khuks. Those do plenty well at chopping. I'd love to see you give some of those a try.

Back