Beckerhead firearms

There's a Troy upper at Primary Arms with front and rear flip-up sights that'll be headed my way soon. I was really looking into putting a 7.63x39 upper on it, but 5.56 is fine for now. It always gives me an excuse to build / buy another, too.

The next build on the list is actually an FAL. I helped a friend build two and they are fantastic shooters.

I used a PSA stripped lower and an LPK and no issues as of yet. They're having a sale right now so if anyone is in the market for anything AR15 you might want to pop over there and take a look.

I think I've decided on the M&P 15 sport 2. I like the ruger, plus I really like how it comes with the QD swivels as standered, but I liked the S&W a little more. plus it comes with MOE sights as standered. I can pick it up for $700 +tax at our local sporting goods store

I used a PSA stripped lower and an LPK and no issues as of yet. They're having a sale right now so if anyone is in the market for anything AR15 you might want to pop over there and take a look.

I've used PSA, Anderson Rifles, DS Arms, and I think one Aero, with LPK's and other parts from all of the above plus Brownells (High Standard, DPMS, Troy, BCM, CMMG and others). I've never found any of them to be terrible to be honest. In some cases, one manufacturer makes stuff that is branded and sold by some of the others...

Payin' on a GP100 right now. They seem to be well liked.

I got a really good deal on a used GP100 a while back and I like that gun. The old style of grips with the wood inserts are the best revolver grips ever.

I've used PSA, Anderson Rifles, DS Arms, and I think one Aero, with LPK's and other parts from all of the above plus Brownells (High Standard, DPMS, Troy, BCM, CMMG and others). I've never found any of them to be terrible to be honest. In some cases, one manufacturer makes stuff that is branded and sold by some of the others...

I have a 20" DPMS that short strokes on Wolf ammo but otherwise gave me no problems and is a great shooter.

Here is my Ruger AR-556 with some add ons. Magpul MOE SL furniture. Aimpoint P.R.O. red dot scope. I am sure I will change/add things in the future. Next is a weapon light and sling setup. Any advice or recommendations are welcome.

25669035730_cfebcc2a83_c.jpg

25969611165_2672aa0328_c.jpg

25336886084_86e0f11da8_c.jpg

Jeremy
For a sling, check out SOE. I love their gear (have some, not as much as Murph does though) and it's great gear. Mind you the owner has a very special type of personality so take him with a grain of salt. One thing about it that I really like, it's made in Tennessee, and they use as much stuff from the US as they can.

I personally like the A2-style front site base but a flat top upper. Pretty much same as the current M4.
".308 Blackout"? Is this something new, or did you mean 300 AAC Blackout (aka 300BLK, aaka 7.62X35)?

ignore my typo. yes. Tavor. .300 AAC BLK etc etc etc

buy it that way, or get a $500 ish conversion kit, when they sell them.

Ethan is just jelly :D

the SIG 300 MCP/MCX whatever pistol in 300 BLK is smexy :D

Advanced Armament Corp used to have this really hot tattooed model named Rachel that did a lot of the welding. The only thing better than a beatiful woman is one with tattoos, and the only thing better than that is one who can weld, and the only thing better than THAT is one that loves guns.

I will say that PSA wouldn't be my go-to if I was going to do a big-bore AR. 308 AR's are an entirely different ball of wax than the AR-15.

Here is my Ruger AR-556 with some add ons. Magpul MOE SL furniture. Aimpoint P.R.O. red dot scope. I am sure I will change/add things in the future. Next is a weapon light and sling setup. Any advice or recommendations are welcome.

25669035730_cfebcc2a83_c.jpg

25969611165_2672aa0328_c.jpg

25336886084_86e0f11da8_c.jpg

Jeremy

Turned out great.
How do you like it.

If I could have gotten my preferred list of furniture, I would have had an A-1 clone.

I wanna do an A3 clone but with a dissapator upper instead of the full 20" barrel. And an A1 stock instead of the A2.

I want a new gun :( so pricey up here. Was looking at an H&K SL8 for a target 5.56 the other day. Also had a Beretta 92A1 in hand and the credit card was coming out and the wife said no :( need to get the budget back on track after our Florida trip before I can get one.

So the other day I'm at work and one of my coworkers named Jimmy calls because he saw a listing for an AR10 that had never been fired. The conversation went like this:

Jimmy: "Why would someone buy a gun and then never shoot it?"

Me: "He probably just didn't get the chance. I have a bunch of guns I haven't gotten around to shooting yet."

Jimmy: "Yeah? How many?"

Me: "Heck I dunno. I probably have more guns I haven't fired than you own altogether."

Jimmy: "Could be. I only own six guns."

Me: "Six, is that all? Heck, I've bought six guns in the last week and I haven't had the chance to shoot them yet."

Easter sunday, 200 mile drive the previous night after 11pm, recuperation after a minor procedure to boot, CZ P01 25-30 yards, 2" target, nailed it (mostly). 200 mile drive home. Good day. Oh yeah, BK7 strapped to the shooting bag.

Okay, I'm gonna guess it was probably 15 yards and I probably hit it half the time. I'm happy with it.

Last edited:
Back