1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Beckerhead Music

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by Tanker 1/66, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Tanker 1/66

Tanker 1/66 Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    I feel like an A** now I'm so old I dont even know how to post a link and I started thd damn thread

2. Tanker 1/66

May 18, 2015

kmboldon, acerpower and viking313 like this.
  3. Tanker 1/66

May 18, 2015
  4. KingMC

KingMC The Pun-isher Platinum Member

Jul 25, 2014
  5. LG&M

LG&M

Dec 19, 2005
    Then there's the inspiration for my handle.

6. Tanker 1/66

May 18, 2015
    Well its about time!!!!! @LG&M

LG&M likes this.
  7. Tanker 1/66

May 18, 2015
    My Daughter isnt here to help me I'm lost now:(

8. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
  9. ironborn

ironborn

Oct 9, 2012

10. Don W

Don W Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2012
    So many great songs being shared.

kmboldon likes this.
  11. DunkEm

DunkEm Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Some here I know and like. Plenty here I'll listen to and see if I like.

Here's my latest actual CD purchase. Bought it for those times when the metal rage doesn't serve me well. Putting here to include some Becker content in this thread to keep it alive as long as possible.

[​IMG]

Note: A CD, kids, is a Compact Disc. An earlier form of conveying music in a digital format. It came after the LP and 8-track tape and prior to streaming media. :)

Here's a youtube link to the first track...you probably know it.

Probably my favorite classical album is...

And while you true metal heads probably have no use for it, since this is a judgement free zone, I really also like...

Also, I'd be failing to truly represent if I didn't include a little Robert Earl Keen for his lyrical genius. He's a gift to listen to live.

edit: Now that you've got me started listening to REK, I'll say, go ahead and listen to Gringo Honeymoon, I'm Coming Home, Ride, etc... All a bit more normal songs. I'll spare you spamming the links, but there isn't much he has done that I don't like, other than his attempts at going mainstream.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  12. tanglediver

tanglediver Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 2, 2013
    Their are some genuine players out there, this one is new to me.

~~
    I met a trumpet player in the (Marine Corps) band once. Hey gave me a book to read when I left for Japan, and told me some of his experiences.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    LG&M and KingMC like this.
  13. KingMC

Jul 25, 2014
    I think metal is the modern version of what we know as classical music, though the orchestral masterpieces still are as good today as ever.

Shout out to my favorite old-school composer, nobody quite compares in my mind. Capriccio Italien and the 1812 overture are pretty good, but this is my favorite of his:

14. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    This one is a favorite of mine. Really hits home and reminds me of the few battle buddies from my unit that have passed....

MarriedTheMedic and Tanker 1/66 like this.
  15. Don W

Don W Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2012
  16. 19-3ben

19-3ben Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2015
    Mrrrr... when I was your age, music was hitting two rocks together rhythmically. Whippersnappers and their fancy geetars and such...

DunkEm and Tanker 1/66 like this.
  17. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    This is a Pacific NW band that could be considered Atmospheric Black Metal. This particular song and the album that it comes from are quite special to me, the music was a constant companion, a solace of sorts, when cancer decided it needed to have my dad more than I did.

SaturatedShadow and kmboldon like this.
  18. KingMC

Jul 25, 2014
    @Pàdruig dude, that is a killer song! Certainly not what most would expect from your description, but I can fathom a guess that it may not be fully representative of the artist's full repertoire? If so, I must dig deeper.

This song is a classic, but every time I hear it I get reminded of one of my younger brothers, who felt the need to play it on nearly every campout I've been on with him. I have developed not just a liking to it, but a special attachment, as it brings reminders of good times with family.

MeanBeaver and tanglediver like this.
  19. Pàdruig

Dec 1, 2016
    I would say that song is one of their more tranquil pieces. They only have a couple of albums but they are well worth listening from beginning to end. Lots of natural elements in the music, some great transitions from acoustic to distortions, a good mix of clean singing and wrenching screams. Just a wonderful immersive experience.

KingMC likes this.
  20. Pàdruig

Dec 1, 2016
    This band is a collaboration between Jon Schaffer from Iced Earth and Hansi Kürsch from Blind Guardian.

Demons and Wizards - Fiddler on the Green

DYSPHORIC JOY and KingMC like this.