Beckers and Peppers

This morning's harvest. Two Big Black Mama peppers. Each is about the two inches long and about an inch wide. Up to 1 million on the Scoville heat scale. Not sure what I'm going to do with these...

xyFWVNVh.jpg

Mango Chutney Oh yea!!!

Not much to report from the pepper patch today. Just one Congo Trinidad Habanero (about 400,000 Scoville units). The Ghost Pepper, Big Black Mama and Carolina Reaper plants are coming along. Should have a substantial harvest from them soon.

3LujcYrh.jpg

Mince it up and add to a pot of chili!
Might have to be a BIG pot of chili!:D

We've added a ghost pepper to a pot of chili before; however, we added it as a halved pepper, let it cook down and fished the halves out whenever a piece ended up in someone's bowl. It added flavor and heat without having to play Indian roulette with every bite.

We've added a ghost pepper to a pot of chili before; however, we added it as a halved pepper, let it cook down and fished the halves out whenever a piece ended up in someone's bowl. It added flavor and heat without having to play Indian roulette with every bite.

Ok, this is good to know! I was just out back checking the pepper plants and the Ghost Pepper is looking like a real producer.

They're too juicy and green.
Can't possibly be more than just a little too hot...
But get your evil red Habanero away from me.
Did a popper 20 years ago. Still feel it from time to time!

I have some that I waited until they were red for the extra hotness, but they are all eaten already. My wife doesn't like em too hot, green like this!

They have the look of too Hot with out even tasting them :thumbsup:

They are actually quite tasty with not too much heat!

Those look very similar to some Thai chillies (Bird's eye) that I have growing right now. I wonder if they are related/same?

I'm not sure. Father in law gave us these plants and on the sticker thingy, it said they were Dragon Cayenne. Very flavorful, and hot if you let them get orange or red.

I like the crop circles on your handles!
Thanks, I actually found this 9 inside a meteor that fell out of sky, had to chop it in half with the other 9 had on me to retrieve. It does behold great power. Unbreakable blade and scales start to glow when perilous things are present. Speaking of which, I have some kryptonite gid scale material I've been meaning to use for making some Large BK scales. Need to get on that.

Thanks, I actually found this 9 inside a meteor that fell out of sky, had to chop it in half with the other 9 had on me to retrieve. It does behold great power. Unbreakable blade and scales start to glow when perilous things are present. Speaking of which, I have some kryptonite gid scale material I've been meaning to use for making some Large BK scales. Need to get on that.

Be sure to post up some pics!

I'm going to dry these out for seeds for next year.

zhFbnUp.jpg

Not much to report from the pepper patch today. Just one Congo Trinidad Habanero (about 400,000 Scoville units). The Ghost Pepper, Big Black Mama and Carolina Reaper plants are coming along. Should have a substantial harvest from them soon.

3LujcYrh.jpg

Man, could you dry out a few seeds for me? I'd love to try growing some of these next year!

Back