Becker's Fall Gathering 2012 - Episode 1

[video=youtube;7X9qVAzNMfk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X9qVAzNMfk[/video]

Audio quality for the EDC explanation is a little iffy. Turn up your sound. It is a new camera.

Awesome stuff. Always enjoy your videos, and appreciate the work you put into them.

Thanks for the video, makes it a little easier not being there..... well it still sucks not being there lol

Your dog is a monster :)

Thanks for bringing the gathering to those of us who could not make it.

Saweet!
I didn't catch it, do you recall the brand of little fixed blade that Mr. Becker had in his pocket?

Looking forward to any more videos you make. You do a great job with them, and it is appreciated.
Especially by those of us who haven't been able to make it to a gathering.

Saweet!
I didn't catch it, do you recall the brand of little fixed blade that Mr. Becker had in his pocket?

Looking forward to any more videos you make. You do a great job with them, and it is appreciated.
Especially by those of us who haven't been able to make it to a gathering.

I was wondering this myself...

AIG: Thank's for all your work documenting our shenanigans, and for being such a swell guy. Also, I love your parang. The minute I finished watching it's origin story video, I knew it would devastate any woody material in its way. I had the pleasure of swinging it a few times outside Ethan's shop. It swings very fast for its size and the whoosh noise from the holes brings a smile to my face. A nice tool!

I'm a fan of the Tibo, and I'll tell it here like I told it to Mistwalker at the gathering... It's a whole lot of utility in a small, lightweight, and surprisingly comfortable for its size package.

A note on the EDC session: I noticed a few trends. First is a trusted flashlight, just about everyone had one and they trended toward small and "bright enough". A lighter(bic or peanut) and a folder (usually a SAK/multitool or sturdy folder) were more or less universal. Also Duck(not duct, there's a difference)/gorilla tape were common. It was really fun to see just how similar our on our person kits were.

Last edited:
You got style Doc........Thanks .........hurry back......Say hi to Gretchen and give that disgustingly adorable pup a smooch for me......Can hardly wait for episode 2.......

All Best....

Ethan

I'm still amazed at how similar E's rucksack and my forrester are -- other than handle color and the order the blades are in - which is due to the type of lock - there's not really much difference.

Back