Beckers knives..

Becker knives are made well, cost little (as compared), and take a lot of abuse. Dont understand why other knife companies crank out stuff so much higher priced...the high end steels I get....but 440-A and 440-B? Ill take a becker over stainless of any kind an day of the week.

I've always been a fan of the carbon non-SS blades for my fixed blade knives. Carbon steel has soul and is more field friendly when it comes time to dress up th edge.

Greetings...

I've made a few knives from stainless at the customers request... only used S30v, and it made some pretty respectable knives.... But nothing can compare to 1095cv or D2 for hard use.

hagatha

I live near Chicago. Every road and highway is choked by traffic, pretty much a straight line and flat as one can imagine. Not the place to enjoy a new Corvette Stingray or Porsche 911 GT3 or Nissan GTR yet there are more than a few around.

Some people buy what they want and to hell with the consequences. Others buy what works and have no need to impress the neighbors.

Becker's, Buck's, Mora's, Chevy's, Ford's, Mitchell reel's, Craftsman tools, and Arizona jeans work for me but I won't poo-poo anyone's knife choice or yuck anyone elses yum. It's what makes this whole hobby interesting and fun.

I like that people share their Randall/Reeve/ZT/Busse/XX Custom knife stories. As long as they don't look down their nose at me for using a SAK while they handle their safe queen with kid gloves, I'm good with them spending as much s they want on whatever they want.

Back