Becoming a Mod ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle_Jarvis

BANNED
Hey everyone !

I was just curious if anyone can give me any insight in how to become a moderator.. I would not mind taking that up. In the past year I have posted a lot and tried to give any insight and help to fellow forum goers.

Being a mod in the Busse forum would be nice but I'll take what ever position is available...

I remember Paddling Man became a Mod a bit ago so I figure I also could have a chance..:confused:

Any folks or current Mods advice is much appreciated.. :)

Thanks...

Eric Isaacson

Pirate
First thing you need to know is what the appropriate forums for your posts are.

Let's move this one to the appropriate forum (service and support)

Eric

Uncle_Jarvis

BANNED
u just want the Blue name.......... nice try UJ........:D

Well, of course that would be a "perk" but I am more interested in helping people out and whatnot.. :thumbup:

Figured I'm on the forum almost every day do I will be able to get some stuff done if I am board or something.

I would also like a list of everything a Mod is expected to do.
ie. announcement of events, moving threads, ect...

I'm really not supposed to be telling you this but... first step is a donation... usually to me. I'll give you step 2.

Also you may want to post in PC. Lots of mods and old timers hang out in there... You may get more help!

Jaxx

ROTFLMAO!!! ... Oh man, you have a heckuva sense of humor there, Uncle_Jarvis, thanks for the laugh! Ya just made my day... Oh my!!! (Wipes away tears of laughter) :D I needed that!

Uncle_Jarvis

BANNED
ROTFLMAO!!! ... Oh man, you have a heckuva sense of humor there, Uncle_Jarvis, thanks for the laugh! Ya just made my day... Oh my!!! (Wipes away tears of laughter) :D I needed that!

No problem Jaxx. Thats good you had a healthy laugh. Its good for ya. :)
I was looking back to previous post in this thread and failed to find a joke though ? Whatever, If your happy so am I..

If you have any questions don't hesitate to shoot me a PM or email .. I can be quite helpful on Busse related tools and lingo ...

Have a good one..

You won't be a moderator here at Bladeforums as long as I have a say in the matter.

Period.

Esav Benyamin

MidniteSuperMod
I wholeheartedly share Mike G's opinion.
Making trouble for the current mod staff is a poor entry on your job application.

You know, I'm new at the knife scene, but not at ... well life. You never ever want to piss off your boss, and in a couple of hours ask him for a raise. In this case, don't anger the gods at BladeForums and then suddenly ask if there is any possible way to become a moderator. Granted, the "argument" itself seems a bit silly, but I have to side with Mr. G. It makes sense for the different colors because it eases the job of the moderator and well his monitoring of the members in a forum. I also read your post Mike about how you Mods actually spend a lot of time trying to make a forum easier for the rest of us and in the end all most of us do is point out stupid things or bitch about things that are unnecessary. Even though I've been here for about... a month, I know it's damn difficult to make sure everything is running smoothly. Just my take on this.
~DoNuT

My suggestion would be that you call up Spark and tell him that you don't believe the other mods are doing a good job and he should appoint you instead because you would do a much better job.

I'd be interested in hearing his reply.

My impression is that becoming a mod is kind of like attaining nirvana:

If your looking for it, you'll never get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.