Been away for a bit...

Blaster-6

Knife Engraver / Craftsman / Service Provider
I joined this forum while ago to learn about knives and such, I'm an engraver and have done a lot of work on knives, so I thought it'd behoove me to learn more about metals and knives in general. I never had the intention of trying my hand or becoming a knife maker. Not that's what I call myself (yet)... maybe a knife construction enthusiast... I'm no where near the level of my present company!

I love the sense of community from this forum and the willingness of you all to share knowledge and put people on the right track. I've really become excited at the process of learning and producing work with my hands using various techniques. Some things work... some don't... but the constant learning intrigues me and the amazing, unique work you all produce is inspiring. Thanks to all of yo who provided advice, PMs, ideas, and special shout out to NCBiker who went out of his way to send some 1084 lengths to get started on some real steel!

New job took me offline for a while but I wanted to post some pics of some work I've produced over the past few months. The last pic I use in my kitchen daily, wife won't touch because it's "too sharp!" (best compliment ever!!!) Best wishes to you all for a great Holiday Season! I hope Santa brings you lots of coal, steel and tools!

B68AFFD0-319D-43E8-AC3B-AA181576BD09.jpg IMG_7403.JPG IMG_7404.JPG IMG_7575.JPG IMG_7576.JPG IMG_7577.JPG IMG_7578.JPG IMG_7260.JPG

That's some great work! I especially like the Samurai blade. Very, very cool!

very cool! you know, i was looking into collaborating with a local tattoo artist to do some really cool dragon etches on the blade...I think its a really neat look with huge potential, awesome work!

Really cool stuff! Do you do your engraving with gravers or is it electro etched, or sandblasted or what? Engraving is one of those mystical arts that I'd like to get into at some point!!
Awesome work!

Welcome back man. Haven't seen you around since that big job you had back in Februaryish. If your still in the st Augustine area I'll be making a trip up there this comming summer

Those are some sexy Kitchen knives. How come that last one has holes in the blade? and how the heck you do that etching? Does it rub off with normal kitchen duty cutting use? Sorry about all the questions I'm the noob.

Really cool stuff! Do you do your engraving with gravers or is it electro etched, or sandblasted or what? Engraving is one of those mystical arts that I'd like to get into at some point!!
Awesome work!
I started with a dremel... moved up into sandblasting... high powered sandblasting turned into a business then purchased a fiber laser. The engraving on the blades is done with a fiber laser, though I also use my sandblaster for certain designs as well. Hobby that got WAAAAAYYYYY outta control! .... and that's what got me into knives! ;)

- Holes in the blade just for aesthetics, I think it looks cool!

- Still in St Aug! Let me know when you're in town and we'll have a beer!

Back