1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Beer and Blades!

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Aidansdaddy17, Apr 3, 2013.

1. aleforme

aleforme Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 21, 2013
    You might be waiting a while. I would guess until at least well into next year before any damascus blades start showing up. For me, I actually prefer the two piece inlays on the 21. Maybe the 31 will grow on me but, we'll see.

ErocSD likes this.
  2. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
  3. jacksterp

jacksterp Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 3, 2011
    Had to give the brew a try with my new Rough Rider Buckshot Trapper - wish I hadn't. Terrible!

[​IMG]

Beer should be called SWILL rider...

4. knoefz

knoefz

Mar 20, 2009
    Tasted some really nice English and Welsh beers this summer :D

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. ErocSD

ErocSD Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Finally after a long week of work..... my Aculus flipper is right in my pocket where it belongs

[​IMG]

6. ErocSD

Jan 21, 2019
    Jsut for fun I went on the CRK website and I can actually order direct through them a 31 in Bog oak or Black micarta with damascus... not sure on the turn around but it's available for order. Probably an initial pre order or something. could be a 6 month lead, who knows.

7. SW-EDC

SW-EDC Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 4, 2015
    Not bad. Slight hint of honey, smooth blonde ale.
    8/10
    Pictured with a couple Civil War era inkwells.
    [​IMG]

8. ErocSD

Jan 21, 2019
    Belching beaver's main brewery is right by my office, i love their beer. I've spent many a lunch at the bar haha. The mango IPA is one of my favorites and the Deftones callabs are all pretty awesome.

aleforme likes this.
  9. SW-EDC

Dec 4, 2015
    I will have to try the mango IPA!

Golden Road and Eagle Rock are my closest breweries..other than Miller in Irwindale.

ErocSD likes this.
  10. Turbo4x4

Turbo4x4 Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jun 4, 2011
  11. jacksterp

jacksterp Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 3, 2011
    Beautiful looking knife. What model is this?

12. kefefs

kefefs

Feb 24, 2019

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    Sharps likes this.
  13. JustaNick

JustaNick

Feb 3, 2019
    [​IMG]

Too soon?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    Turbo4x4, aleforme, Grantard and 5 others like this.
  14. Poriggity

Poriggity Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 15, 2018
    Sam Adams Octoberfest and my newest purchase, Ontario Rat 1, on clearance at Walmart. Went to 3 different stores, finally on my last stop, they had 1 Rat left, and it was the display model. Regularly priced at $27.88 it was on clearance for $13. Even at full price, in my opinion, this knife is a bargain. At $13 its a downright steal.

[​IMG]20190823_132035 by poriggity, on Flickr

Turbo4x4, cnm123, aleforme and 7 others like this.
  15. SW-EDC

Dec 4, 2015
    That's a Buck 898 auto

ErocSD and jacksterp like this.
  16. Argle

Argle Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2016
    Didn’t have anything in the fridge so I stopped at the liquor store on the way home from work. The vodka was cheap and it tastes fine to me. I might have to go back and get Kahlua for some White Russians, man. Never had Super Cluster before so it was cool to see that on the shelf. Vestri is a local IPA that’s been hard to find this summer, for some reason. Old Rasputin is in my all time top 5 and I usually get a 4pk every month.

[​IMG]

I love the Tiger but wish it was bigger. I need a Super Tiger!

17. JustaNick

JustaNick

Feb 3, 2019
    [​IMG]

aleforme, Grantard, cf1969 and 5 others like this.
  18. LostViking

LostViking Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2009
  19. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
    No blade but If you ain’t down with Hank 3 you ain’t down with me. I’m going straight to Hell and nothing is slowing me down.
    [​IMG]

20. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Ok, on Saturday I had a Founder's Breakfast Stout, has double chocolate coffee notes, was smooth but too dark for my taste, I think it is an Oatmeal type beer. I think it is different than the Founders Underground Mountain Brown. Can anyone tell me if the Underground is a little less strong? I looked on Founders site that says Underground is made with Sumatran coffee. Thanks everyone.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    ErocSD likes this.