Beer and Blades!

Best Pale Ale ever? It's right up there. 9.9/10 IMHO. Although it technically a pale ale, it's got some decent hoppiness to it. Almost an IPA.

mwpv5ZTl.jpg

Was just in the sierras all weekend and drank a lot of beer, also did a lot of fishing.... didn't take one picture of my Kabar i used or my ceramic fish gutting knife.... lost opportunity but here's a beer since I'm back!!

zG9w5zsh.jpg

Last edited:
So this was a mess!

WTH Hair Of The Dog? Never thought I’d see the day for over carbonated Blue Dot DIPA LOL! At this was after about 2 to 3 minutes of sitting.

I gave up on Blue Dot a few years ago because every bottle I tried was stupid flat. Much like a lot of their beers. But it’s by design they said! What? So I see this Blue Dot a few days ago in a pint can. I think maybe it will be OK in a can? Wow, they went from flat as a board to a foamy carbonated mess.

Will never buy their beer again. They have had this problem for years and yet they are considered an elite brewer? When their beer is properly canned or bottled, it's amazing. But it's a crap shoot. And they charge $40 to $50 for some of their six packs. Unreal! Can't believe the craft community continues to give them a pass time after time after time after time.

OK, rant over.

lx2I1oTl.jpg

So this was a mess!

WTH Hair Of The Dog? Never thought I’d see the day for over carbonated Blue Dot DIPA LOL! At this was after about 2 to 3 minutes of sitting.

I gave up on Blue Dot a few years ago because every bottle I tried was stupid flat. Much like a lot of their beers. But it’s by design they said! What? So I see this Blue Dot a few days ago in a pint can. I think maybe it will be OK in a can? Wow, they went from flat as a board to a foamy carbonated mess.

Will never buy their beer again. They have had this problem for years and yet they are considered an elite brewer? When their beer is properly canned or bottled, it's amazing. But it's a crap shoot. And they charge $40 to $50 for some of their six packs. Unreal! Can't believe the craft community continues to give them a pass time after time after time after time.

OK, rant over.

lx2I1oTl.jpg
I buy this one particular saison that has similar issues.
It is impossible to pour without ending up with 90% head.
I’ll open it, let it sit for 10 min, then pour.
It’s fine then.
It’s really good so I don’t mind putting up with the added wait time.

$50 for a six pack is madness tho.

Back