Beer Drinking Thread

My wife brought home a FOUR pack of bourbon beer from Bluegrass Brewing Company.
Imagine: Taking my love of good malty high alcohol beer and flavoring it with all the delicious goodness that comes from a bourbon barrel:eek: What's not to love!?

....<grumble> that it's like $9.95 per four pack <grumble>

Most days we have at least a little bit of Sam Adams in the fridge. Boston Lager is a classic.

As much as I like Boston Lager, I had a couple of them and a couple of IPAs. After I drank the IPA I picked up a Boston Lager and was amazed at how bad it tasted in comparison. By itself Sam Adams is great. Don't drink one after a good IPA.

I'm just not an IPA fan. My wife loves 'em, but I just never acquired a taste for it:D:thumbup:

I'm just not an IPA fan. My wife loves 'em, but I just never acquired a taste for it:D:thumbup:

Your wife has good taste.:thumbup:

At least as far as beer is concerned.:rolleyes:

I almost only drink beers from local micro breweries when at home.

Unfortunately you can't really taste them, as I can't taste yours :(

You might be able to fond some of these: http://www.unibroue.com/index_eng.html

The only american beers we have here are Bud and Coor's. I guess that's not very representative :p

You've always got Alexander Keith's if you want a decent brew.

Sucking down some more 60 minute right now :thumbup: I'll be heading out to smoke the Acid Maduro I just bought too!

I decided on something crisp with less hops for the holiday. :thumbup::thumbup:
I have a case of Victory Pils to go with the turkey (mesquite smoked) and cranberry sauce (home made with ginger and pears).:cool:

Delerium Tremons is a good beer. Look for the pink elephant!!!

Another that is becoming my favorite is Red Seal Ale.

Red Speckled Hen is a nice English ale.

Wheach, the wife loves it, but I cant get into it. I am kinda diggin the Moose Drool too.

Im also loving the IPAs lately. Found one in a can that is very good.

I used to sell crack
then I sold batteries
now I'm gonna sell microbrew...

Here are a few:
Stone IPA is in the winner circle.
Dundee IPA is good - tuned down for all the Coors drinkers out there who might be forced to walk the plank. :eek:
Chamay from Belgium is good - better sell some crack first!
Alagash is less $ and almost as good.
Old Speckeled Hen, England, is good ale.

Last edited:
Going to pick up a growler of He'brew Bittersweet Lennys R.I.P.A. (a rye-based IPA) on the way home tonight

It wound up being the He'Brew Jewbilation Bar Mitzvah ale - 13 different malts, 13 different hops, 13% alc. definitely one of the best beers I've ever tasted.

Last night I had a New Belgium Abbey (pretty good for an American ripoff of a Belgian brew) and a Sam Adams brown ale. Both were good. The Sam Adams was maybe a bit sweeter than I'd like. It's also quite a bit more expensive and not as good as the local microbrewery's brown ale that can be had for over 2 bucks less per six pack.

Had some 312 Wheat this weekend....I liked it. Goose Island Chicago beer....Not bad!

Schlaflys Pumpkin ale is awesome, in moderation.

Youngs Double Chocolate stout is great too....Has to be out of a glass. That beer has the best head. Really a nice treat.

Santa Cruz Mountain Brewings IPA is one of the best beers Ive ever tasted. Cant wait till I can get out there again to get some more.

Nobody else is drinking Yuengleng??? It's my favorite.

I'm in Yuengling country right now. Their Black and Tan is one of my all time favorites.:thumbup:

Hell - it's not beer but I'm drinking Gentleman Jack right now.

Since when does drinking beer take time????? Gots to learn to multi task man!!!!!

Back