1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Beers of the Month - 12/08

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by wintermute, Dec 2, 2008.

1. wintermute

wintermute Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 18, 2007
    I picked up a six pack of Leinenkugel's (my new favorite out-of-town brewery) Fireside Nut Brown Ale. The description on the pack is pretty much right on. A dark European style brown ale with some flavors that the Old World wouldn't give you.

It tastes like a Samuel Smith's Brown Ale with some chocolate and maple syrup flavors thrown in. I love this one!

2. rocketbomb

rocketbomb

Apr 25, 2007
    Just picked up the "Abbey" brew from New Belgium. Supposed to be a version of a Belgian Dubbel. It's a pretty good beer, nice and roasty and the signature yeasty flavors that come from a true Belgian-style brew. Not as good as some true Belgian juice I've had, but a LOT cheaper. I think it's better than New Belgium's Trippel as well.

But tonight in honor of my being another year closer to the grave I'm going to crack open a Westmalle Trappist Trippel and savor it thoroughly. I love this stuff, an amazing beer.

Seems lately my beer choices have narrowed to beer that is either like used motor oil or traditional Belgian brews (dubbels, trippels, etc.)

3. Fletcher Knives

Fletcher Knives STEEL BREATHING BLADE MAESTRO Moderator

Aug 30, 2007
    Happy birfday homeskillet.

4. rocketbomb

rocketbomb

Apr 25, 2007
    Thanks Dyslide.

But I've got no idea what "homeskillet" means ;)

5. Fletcher Knives

Aug 30, 2007
    It's like "homeslice" except way cooler. :thumbup:

6. rocketbomb

rocketbomb

Apr 25, 2007
    Okay I'll just take your word for it :D Yeah, I'm a little backwoods, not up with all the funky words everybody else uses these days. I can't even use the excuse that I'm old :(

7. j williams

j williams

Nov 14, 2005
    I just had some Strongbow, and Boddingtons the other night. Good stuff!

I wasnt sur bout the strongbow, my wife loves it. I tried it, and really liked it!

8. falcon72

falcon72

Mar 11, 2008
    WooHoo, Friday! Boy, I am going to the secret drawer in the fridge and popping out some of my hidden stash... some PBR, Strohs, Old English and Schlitz!!! Ya'll deal with that. That just happened...right there.

9. tonym

tonym

Mar 18, 2008
    I'm gonna swing by the package store on my way home from work and try something a lil different.

My wife went to NYC with her friends tonight, and ussually that will have me out with the fellas, but I got the case of the lazies. So I'll hang and drink some beer with you the B.F. crew.

10. Fletcher Knives

Aug 30, 2007
    On this guys que, I tried the Leinenkugel's Fireside Nut Brown Ale. That is a tasty beer. Stuff tastes like beer with roasted pecans in it. Yum tasty!

11. Fletcher Knives

Aug 30, 2007
    [​IMG]

DOES THAT BLOW YOUR MIND?... THAT...JUST...HAPPENED!

12. Sharp Eye

Sharp Eye

Feb 21, 2008
    I'm still working on the case of Flying Fish Extra Pale Ale that I got for Thanksgiving.
    It went great with the burgers and chicken we had for dinner.

13. rocketbomb

rocketbomb

Apr 25, 2007
    A friend of mine got me some Old Rasputin Imperial Stout for helping him drag a deer a while back. Man that's some heavy stuff. I like imperial stouts, but the trouble is getting them to pour out of the bottle they're so thick!! And the flavor is great too.

14. Chinpo

Chinpo

Aug 25, 2007
    Asahi Super Dry:(

I hate this thread:mad:

15. falcon72

falcon72

Mar 11, 2008
    [​IMG]

"Dear Eight Pound, Six Ounce, Newborn Baby Jesus, don’t even know a word yet, just a little infant, so cuddly, but still omnipotent"

16. Steely_Gunz

Steely_Gunz Got the Khukuri fevah Moderator

May 9, 2002
    "...watchin' your baby Einstein videos:p"
    I'm working on a Sam Adams seasonal pack right now. Most of it is pretty pedestrian stuff. However, they have a Cranberry Lambic that was quite interesting. While not a beer I would sit down and just drink to drink (kinda sweet) it was really good with left over turkey:thumbup: Kinda different.

I'll take ya'll's word on the Leinenkugel's. I tried their Red in a bar in Louisville, and I couldn't finish it. That just doesn't happen with me:D The taste was what I imagine a combination of dishwater and pee from a hobo with a kidney infection would be like. Needless to say, i was not a fan.

This thread makes me thirsty.:thumbup:

17. Fletcher Knives

Aug 30, 2007
    I REALLY need a beer right now. I can't wait to get home.