Beginner guitar for youth. Full or 3/4?

Electric guitar size for young person?

• Full Size Guitar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3/4 Size Guitar

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
OK, poll votes are counted, final score, unanimous decision 8-0. Full size wins.

So got the kid one of these today at the local Guitar Center. Ibanez RG120. It's used but very little signs of wear. It's a discontinued low-end model, but I liked it better than the new low-end models that cost much more. We'll see how the kid likes it come Christmas morning. :)

RG120_CA.jpg

File under "day late, dollar short"...

As a guitar player, but not a parent, I'd have suggested buying something you absolutely love on the chance that Jr. rebels and takes up Debate Club instead. Then you'd get the bitchin' axe. :)

Ya know, my eyes did keep wandering up to the next row where they keep the decent stuff. ;)

OK, poll votes are counted, final score, unanimous decision 8-0. Full size wins.

So got the kid one of these today at the local Guitar Center. Ibanez RG120. It's used but very little signs of wear. It's a discontinued low-end model, but I liked it better than the new low-end models that cost much more. We'll see how the kid likes it come Christmas morning. :)

RG120_CA.jpg

Cool. :thumbup:

Ya know, my eyes did keep wandering up to the next row where they keep the decent stuff. ;)

Uh Oh! You know Guitar collecting, can be as bad as pocket knife collecting. :eek: :D

Cool! Just keep him away from effects pedals or he'll end up like me

Once again, than you everyone for the suggestions and advice. Just want to update the topic with some pictures of the guitar he received today, the Christmas Guitar:

_DSC8781_zpsba8f88b0.jpg

_DSC8778_zpse24ae247.jpg

Back