Beginner here and need some info!!

Take a look at Kershaw's. I own a few of them myself. Not too expensive but perform well.

You will probably be happy with the Hibben knives. The larger ones he has designed work well for me. They will be stainless though and pretty soft so try not to have them hit one another when throwing if possible. And keeping a file handy for general re-pointing is a good idea.

You will probably be happy with the Hibben knives. The larger ones he has designed work well for me. They will be stainless though and pretty soft so try not to have them hit one another when throwing if possible. And keeping a file handy for general re-pointing is a good idea.

+1

I have the larger ones that work well for me too. Also I have some Hibben Triple Throwers that are about 8.5" long that I really like for a shorter knife. I think they will work out for you pretty well for a first set. They are well made for what they are, and like Ww says, just be prepared to have a file ready for any burrs or nicks.

I have also found on all the Hibben throwers I've received that the blades come fairly sharp new in the box, so if you plan to spin throw from the blade, dull the edge into a false edge so you don't slice or cut your hand. Only the tip needs to be pointy..

Good luck with them, and hope to hear how they work for you.

"

After reading other threads here, I also opted to set up multiple targets and throw one knife at each target to reduce the potential for damage.

Back