Beginner with Chens & Cold Steels...

I am a newbie to the sword world but I am having fun with it. I am not going to be a serious collector but I would like to do better than The Chens & Cold Steel Katanas I already own. Trying to stay inside the $1000.00 range once a year to start. I feel that my first swords were fine. They got me interested and I learned a good deal while handling them as well a read a boatload of books. I never did buy an embaressing $50.00 mall sword so I am that far ahead. My Q is where to look know to purchase a really good Katana or is it not possible in my 1k price range. Any help will be appreciated!!!!! ~baba~

you might be interested in ordering Patrick Barta's Roman Riding Sword. It is a custom-made sword for 400EUROs plus shippinf and the price includes an excellent scabbard. The problem is that his waiting list is now about 2 1/2 years. But the price and the wait will be well worth it. I have one and I LOVE it. It is, bar none, the best sword for the money that I have ever seen. The sword is No. 102 at this page and it is a replica of a sword pulled from a Danish Bog in the 1890s.
http://www.templ.net/english/weapons-antiquity_and_early_middle_age.php

Oh, BTW, he does not ask for any payment until your sword is ready to ship, so you will have plemty of time to save up for it. I am currently on his wait list for his sword no. 118, a replica of the Abingdon Sword. That is how much I respect his work.

Along with my swampland I have some interesting swords...seem to cut anything put in front of them...video proof available

Back