Behind The Scenes 07/24/2017 - .....

Behind The Scenes @ Fiddleback Forge

Just a friendly reminder these knives are for “Preview” not “Pre-sale”.

Monday morning is off to a lousy start. The main grinder Cody uses for making the scales has been steady crappin out every week. He’s makings some adjustments in order to make it through the knives w/o it shutting off on him.

IMG_2942-vi.jpg

IMG_2945-vi.jpg

IMG_2940-vi.jpg

IMG_2939-vi.jpg

IMG_2938-vi.jpg

IMG_2937-vi.jpg

IMG_2957-vi.jpg

IMG_2956-vi.jpg

IMG_2955-vi.jpg

IMG_2954-vi.jpg

IMG_2953-vi.jpg

Ivy is too cool to care.
IMG_2952-vi.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I hope to get more if time permits.

Oh my wallet! Getting lighter weekly! :D Looking forward to the preview. Thanks for the sneak peek Phillip

Oh Ivy, how ladylike of you :rolleyes:

I see some nice looking tapers there :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Oh that woodsman & little lady :thumbsup::thumbsup:
What liners/stripes do you suppose are on them?

I guess the Woodsman is out though since you've decided to limit yourself to smaller blades :)

Since I got that fantastic Rosewood burl Nessmuk from Abe, I've been really taken with how functional the pattern is, & how well the curves of the handle nestles in the hand. Now I pay special attention to any new Nessie coming out!

Oh Ivy, how ladylike of you :rolleyes:

I guess the Woodsman is out though since you've decided to limit yourself to smaller blades :)

Ivy is a perfect lady Jerry. Stop picking on her.

Woodsman is probably out but I still wouldn't stand a chance if you decided to go for either :rolleyes:

Since I got that fantastic Rosewood burl Nessmuk from Abe, I've been really taken with how functional the pattern is, & how well the curves of the handle nestles in the hand. Now I pay special attention to any new Nessie coming out!

Oh nooooo more competition :D

I'm glad you like it :thumbsup:

The Nessmuk, and how the marketplace underrates it, is why I started making knives.

I made Nessmuks first. I thought the designs that were out at the time, even the customs were Nessmuks in name only. They kinda had the shape, but the blades were too thick, etc. So I made some out of old Hickories, and eventually designed my first ones. The first 12 knives I made to sell were Nessmuks.

I made Nessmuks first. I thought the designs that were out at the time, even the customs were Nessmuks in name only. They kinda had the shape, but the blades were too thick, etc. So I made some out of old Hickories, and eventually designed my first ones. The first 12 knives I made to sell were Nessmuks.

Andy, thanks much for the explanation!

"Nessmuks in name only": was your primary inspiration for your version based on Sears' writing, and/or earlier historical attempts, or: _____ ?

Way cool information. I have not yet handled a proper Nessmuk, full-size or even mid-, and am now very curious.

I'm leaning towards a Bushfinger as my 'bigger' go-to-- I love its lines, point orientation and balance in TT 5/32 or 1/8-- but now want to take a closer look at the Nessmuk.

Thx.

~ P.

I did base it on his writings(funny read if you haven't read it yet), and also the council of @hollowdweller who in my opinion, really 'gets' Nessmuk. Years later I designed the Kephart, and liked the 'updating' I did to it so much, I redesigned the Nessmuk and added a bit of sex appeal too. But I still love Nessies.

Andy, thanks much for the explanation!

"Nessmuks in name only": was your primary inspiration for your version based on Sears' writing, and/or earlier historical attempts, or: _____ ?

Way cool information. I have not yet handled a proper Nessmuk, full-size or even mid-, and am now very curious.

I'm leaning towards a Bushfinger as my 'bigger' go-to-- I love its lines, point orientation and balance in TT 5/32 or 1/8-- but now want to take a closer look at the Nessmuk.

Thx.

~ P.
everyone needs atleast one Nessmuk.....you know, for historical purposes

No behind the scenes this week? Phillip, come back from vacation!!! LOL. hope you're having a relaxing time with the family!

Back