1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Week 3 of the BladeForums 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways is live!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Busse Combat Custom Shop Flak Jack, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday January 19!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Congratulations winners! The Week 2 Giveaway has ended over on our YouTube Channel and here are the winners:
    BladeForums Logo Sticker: Impulse600
    BladeForums Velcro Patch: garythegoat
    BladeForums Logo Tshirt: crocgator106
    BladeForums paid subscription upgrade: billygoat78

Darrel Ralph Dominator 35: norcaldude Winners will be contacted by PM / email, so look for my message!

Behind The Scenes 1/9/2019- ???

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by VANCE, Jan 9, 2019.

1. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    Let's see if I remember how to do this............
    Behind The Scenes @ Fiddleback Forge

Just a friendly reminder these knives are for “Preview” not “Pre-sale”.

We hope everyone had a safe and Happy New Year!. We’ve been going 100mph here at the shop.

I posted a little bit about our move earlier and mentioned some setbacks, mainly the old tennents ripped everything out of the shop in a clandestine operation New Year’s Eve night. I am talking...parking around in hidden manner paying close attention to stay out the camera’s view and bringing a whole team in to rip out the flooring, ceiling tiles, throwing perfectly good toilets in the dumpster, bathroom sink gone. They COMPLETELY gutted the space we were set to take over the next morning.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Our landlord has been great getting everything replaced and back in working order.

This 2 rooms in entrance “A” will be used to house something i can not wait to tell you about, but i can’t yet as everything is not finalized.

[​IMG]

My office, production knife assembly, shipping, machete assembly & glue up room.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hallway connecting over to entrance “B”

[​IMG]

Allen and Dirk’s office

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I didn’t get Andy & Joey’s office, the door was closed. I dont wanna know

Kitchenette

[​IMG]

Personal work station for Allen & Dirk

[​IMG]

Andy’s grinders

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Profiling & scale making grinders

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More to come as time permits.

Thanks for looking!

Questions & Comments welcome.

2. jaz322

jaz322 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Great pics @VANCE And sweet digs!
    Dirk is such an amazing talent to add - congrats! Sorry to hear about the NYE incident...

varga49 and NoRest like this.
  3. Outpost Allison

Outpost Allison Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 3, 2018
    upload_2019-1-9_14-4-2.png

varga49, jaz322 and NoRest like this.
  4. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    First glue up @ the new shop
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

greentrout, varga49, NoRest and 3 others like this.
  5. Panthera tigris

Panthera tigris Street Samurai Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 21, 2012
    Andy, Vance, and Crew,

Sorry to see some people have no class.

But good to see you push through and make the space your own.

I'll be looking for a new blade on Friday.

6. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    Apprentanly,it was done outta spite towards out landlord, who as far as I can over the past year has been accommodating and helpful towards us as we could ask.

Sounds great!

7. RobbieB

RobbieB Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Man, the light in that fifth picture is really bright. :eek:

:D

8. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    Yeah...i bumped the settings and did not notice it until I had already upload the pics. I didnt have time for a re-do.Ill get better ones in the coming days when things settle down

9. jaz322

jaz322 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    The hot air balloons are a nice touch.

Fiddleback likes this.
  10. NOLA

NOLA Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 9, 2016
    It really brings the room together.

11. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Way to go on setting up........I wonder when people are that vindictive, what decisions did they make or did that got themselves into a bad situation? Why destroy things when it was your own actions that got you in trouble? Ever hear about taking responsibility for your actions? I admit I do not know the situation , but just seems down right dirty. Anyway, congrats again and way to go on pushing forward.

12. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator

Oct 19, 2005
    Thanks for all the support folks. I can't even imagine how much spite a person has to have to pull out a toilet, carry it to a dumpster behind the space and throw it away. WTF? But regardless, this space is nice. I'm very happy with what we've accomplished here. I finally have a co-op type situation going on between several knifemakers that are sharing space AND expenses. This has been my dream since the beginning of the apprentice program, but it just never materialized.

ndmiller, Nbrackett, varga49 and 3 others like this.
  13. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Coolio, sounds like a unique work environment with the other makers, the co-op idea make create some neat projects.