Behind The Scenes 7/30/2018- ???

Behind The Scenes @ Fiddleback Forge

Just a friendly reminder these knives are for “Preview” not “Pre-sale”.

2v2JGWHDoxurAoi.jpg

This weeks batch for glue up
2v2JGgj5dxurAoi.jpg

Allen drilling the scales
2v2JGgMmqxurAoi.jpg

That’s right….gorilla tape & zip ties
2v2JGgMBrxurAoi.jpg

2v2JGg8zFxurAoi.jpg

2v2JGg8wzxurAoi.jpg

2v2JGg8U5xurAoi.jpg

Once the drilling is complete they get handed over to Kyle
He’s scribing the knife blank on the scales
2v2JGWHzGxurAoi.jpg

Pins are inserted to keep the knife from shifting
2v2JGWHjLxurAoi.jpg

2v2JGWHySxurAoi.jpg

Somebody got into a fight w/ a fan last Friday. He has an appointment w/ a Dr. today to get a referral to a surgeon
2v2JGWHLzxurAoi.jpg

2v2JGWHh8xurAoi.jpg

2v2JGWHNhxurAoi.jpg

The show must go on
2v2JGWUgFxurAoi.jpg

2v2JGgrnLxurAoi.jpg

2v2JGgrjCxurAoi.jpg

2v2JGWA3NxurAoi.jpg

More to come as time permits.

Thanks for looking!

Questions & Comments welcome.

Andy described it, while he was bleeding all over the office Friday as " the most pain he had ever felt".....that's pretty impressive for working in a knife shop.

He was back grinding 5mins later

total badass

real men take a shot of whiskey and sear that cut on a red hot, heat treated blade. that'll stop the bleeding.

It wasn't a cut really. The fan busted out the end of my pinky like a zit, then battered the flesh till it was dead and black looking. You could look into the end of my finger, split 3 ways, right up under the nail. Shredded. Healing quickly though, and no hand surgery necessary. The pain was stupid bad. The nerves were fried, and sent pain all over my hand and arm. Later that night I was convinced there was broken bones. But I didn't waste time heating up a blade. I just went back to the grinder and finished 10 more 120's while the blood filled my glove. Real men capitalize Real when its the first letter of a sentence. Bless your heart.

I just want to know who's turn it was to be watching Andy to make sure he doesn't stick a fork in an outlet, put his fingers in the fan or otherwise.

Reminds me of this scene. hahahha

Back