Being a ninny is hard!

Well, went to check out REKAT'S website to see if by chance open yet. Not. Just how long has it been down? I'm very happy to see all the fine compliments re REKAT customer service, yet from my perspective, the website is kind of the first layer of that service. Seems to be taking a long time, or be a low priority or something.

Anyhoo, went to diagram of rolling lock, and finally figured out WHERE I needed to apply the Tuf-Glide -- on the lock edges! DUH! First application made more difference than multiple squirts along side of pivot pin. Just a few times working the blade back and forth seemed to show even more progress. Would guess now that after say 4 apps of the TG, I'll have a pretty smooth opening Pioneer. Happy!

------------------
Asi es la vida

Bugs

I know what you mean Bugs. I went one step farther with my Carnivore and Cub. I went ahead and polished the blade tang where it rides on the lock. It is almost as smooth as an Axis Lock! Oh happy days.
smile.gif

------------------
A Pat on the Back is only a few inches from a Kick in the Butt.

One thing I've found ids that if you polish the non beveled round portion of the lock as well as the tang of the blade it also helps.

I also polished the part of the lock sandwiched between the scales and the liner, as well as the liner area that part glides against, this dramatically imporved the feel of the lock release (along with some white lithium grease
smile.gif
)

------------------
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun" Al Capone

Thanks, guys. Appreciate the info.

Have never taken a knife apart before, and am totally unmechanical. However, my Dad is visiting, and he used to repair sewing machines, so may try it while he's here.

Yeah, from looking at/watching the lock as the blade opens, am convinced the major source of the grittiness is where that little side piece of the lock rubs against the tang as it rotates. I think I got some of the Tuf-Glide down between the other side of that part of the lock and the liner, but will make sure. At least now I have a knife that doesn't give me chills to open, like fingernails on a blackboard.

Again, thanks much,

------------------
Asi es la vida

Bugs

Also try White Lightning. I was using Tuff Glide on my Sifu (because it worked so well on my Axis locks) until someone here suggested WL on REKATs. IME, WL works much better than TG on the Rolling Lock.

------------------
Jason aka medusaoblongata
-----------------------
"Is not giving a need? Is not receiving mercy?" - Thus Spoke Zarathustra
"Cutting his throat is only a momentary pleasure and is bound to get you talked about." - Lazarus Long
"Knowledge is not made for understanding; it is made for cutting." - Michel Foucault

Where can you get "white lightning"?

When I was in college we used to drive into PA to buy White Lightning (grain alchohol) because it was illegal in Ohio, but I doubt it's the same stuff
biggrin.gif

------------------
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun" Al Capone

Thanks, cpirtle. Guess I'll have to try that WL stuff. A bit exasperating, cause just bought both the 1/2oz applicator and an 8oz bottle of the TG. But, results are what is important, so better go that way.

------------------
Asi es la vida

Bugs

Back