Benchmade 525

Discussion in 'Knife Reviews & Testing' started by Razor, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Razor

Razor Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 1999
    I got a 520, which I really like. I was wondering what you all think of the 525?

2. dalefuller

dalefuller Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 2, 2005
    I like mine... very sharp and sturdy. I don't carry it much because of the aluminium handles. I just don't like metal handles on a knife. But I have seen some gorgeous handle mods on 525s that make the knife into something really special.

3. wwells20

wwells20

Dec 31, 2004
    Same here, I love the blade shape but not a big fan of AL handles. This has kept me at bay.

4. omaha-beenglockin

omaha-beenglockin

Oct 22, 2005
    I have a 525--2 actually---1 std basic version and 1 gray handled ltd edition----I like it but EDC a 520---got the smaller version for if I'm traveling to try to be any state legal. I just like a bigger knife---given the choice Delica vs Endura--I go Endura-------Mini Grip vs Grip---I go Grip-----520 vs 525---- I go 520.

Not sure why nobody likes the scales---mine are holding up quite well and I love the substantial feel of the knife.

5. gmarthur

gmarthur

Mar 5, 2007
    I held off for a while because I didn't think I'd like the aluminum scales. I finally got a 525SBK-701 with the gray scales and I'm glad I did. It's a really nice knife. Along with my old Delica it's one of my favs.

6. gmarthur

gmarthur

Mar 5, 2007
    Here's a couple quick pics of when it was new. It's been taking a beating at work lately.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]