Benchmade 707

I don't see this particular knife mentioned much on this forum and, the search function doesn't seem to be working too well this evening. Do any of you own this knife and, if so can you tell me how you like it? Is there really enough difference to warrant owning one of these as well as the 710?

Well worth it for a small EDC. Beautiful blade profile that has the cutting ability of a larger knife. Very easy to carry. I'm very happy with mine.:)

rnhood said:
I don't see this particular knife mentioned much on this forum and, the search function doesn't seem to be working too well this evening. Do any of you own this knife and, if so can you tell me how you like it? Is there really enough difference to warrant owning one of these as well as the 710?

Depends - do you ever find your self wishing for a smaller knife when you're carrying the 710? If you had a 707, would you carry it?

The 707 is very popular on the Benchmade forums, as was the 705 before it. They were never my favorites though. Personally, I'd advise you to try to handle several of the smaller Benchmades, if you can, before cutting one out of the herd. I like the 770, 960, 525 and Mini-Grip better than the 707, but that's a preference not a statement of relative quality.

I agree with Nick Hyle. While I'm certainly not dissatisfied with my 707, I find the blade to be a bit wide for a knife of this size. Some may like this and consider it a plus, but I actually prefer the blade size/shape of the 705 in a gent's folder. I carry a 77x or 960 much more often than the 707. Check out the 960. For not that much more money, it's an elegant carry and a good slicer.