Benchmade 707

I edc'd one for quite some time. I really liked it, smooth opening, strong lock. Only thing is that I always wished the handle was a little longer. Really a good looking knife!

Great knife.I like the size and style of the blade.It is
very useful for most jobs.Alum handle is not too thick
and very solid.The 154 steel sharpens easily and holds
a good edge.Then there is the AXIS lock..nothing needs
to be said about it!IMHO you can't go wrong with this one.

A much nicer knife than it's older brother the 705. Slimmer, better blade profile and disappears in your pocket. Great EDC knife.

has anyone also tried out the Benchmade 960? I heard its better suited as a gentlmens knife, do you think it would be ok for some yard work?

has anyone also tried out the Benchmade 960? I heard its better suited as a gentlmens knife, do you think it would be ok for some yard work?

I can think of a lot of other knives I would rather use for "yard work"
Least of all would be the the 960.:confused:Pretty expensive knife
for yard work.

what would be a descent alternative in as my knife source is out of stock on the griptilians and i dont really want that large of a 4 inch 710?

well would the 960 be alright for lighter chores such as flattening boxes, and typical edc work

well would the 960 be alright for lighter chores such as flattening boxes, and typical edc work

YES!

I would get a" Red class" Knife for yard work. No Axis lock but good back locks on these knives. The pika series are good And not too expensive.

YES!

I would get a" Red class" Knife for yard work. No Axis lock but good back locks on these knives. The pika series are good And not too expensive.

Here is a review on the Benchmade mini-pika II. The comments would likely apply to the Pika II.
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=523331&highlight=mini-pika

Here is a review on the Benchmade Monochrome.
I'm a steel junky, so skip that part if you want. The Monochrome is one of my favorite choices for EDC. Costs in the low $30's. Steel handle. No worries about hurting it. Performs like a champ.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=541546&highlight=monochrome

I like both the 960 and the 707. The 960 does look intended for lighter use, but I wouldn't say that it's delicate. I love the ergos on the 960. The 707 looks like it can take a little more than the 960, but like shooterpunk, I always felt like the handle was too short.

A nice medium between nice ergos and being able to handle tougher jobs (for a small knife), I would look at the 14210. Whichever you choose, you're deciding between some fine knives and you can't go wrong.

For yard work I would get a VEX.

Dittos on teh Vex for yard work. Easy to open with gloves on. It is a great weed digger. Yard work dulls the blade pretty quick. The Vex blade sharpen up easily enough.

Back