Benchmade 710 Solid Backspacer vs Barrel Spacers?

canyon56

Gold Member
I have a Benchmade 710 on the way and was wondering if I should send it to Benchmade to have barrel spacers installed to replace the solid backspacer?

What is your preference with the 710? Is it worth sending the 710 to Benchmade to have barrel spacers installed?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Nope. I got those from a on line supplier.
You could purchase some yourself and put them on.
BM spacers will more than likely be the newer cog style.
These are not threaded.
The factory screws go right through them and screws mount like they always do.
The standoffs above threaded and require a slightly bigger hole be drilled to accommodate the neck/throat on them.
But, there are other standoffs with out this neck/throat on them available.
.165" is the size you're looking for.
If you are going to purchase threaded standoffs.
You gonna want to buy some screws too.
That way you can screw into the standoffs from both sides of the knife

You should call them, BM that is, they may just send them out to you.

Keyman is the man on knifes,get him to show his custom scales,i got a set and it my favorite knife.

thx K

Thank you very much PUNISHER.

Where did you get those? I like them better than factory ones.
I got them at an on line supplier that sells "knifekits".
These standoffs won't just slip into place.
Both liners mounting holes would need to be drilled out to .120" hole to accept the neck.
The factory hole is slightly smaller than what is needed.

These on my 710-1 are Benchmade's version and I much prefer the open frame; it's easier to keep clean and as a bonus lightens the knife.

These on my 710-1 are Benchmade's version and I much prefer the open frame; it's easier to keep clean and as a bonus lightens the knife.

Those look great! I am think the hourglass shaped spacers would ensure the blade does not touch the backspacer. Are those factory backspacers installed by Benchmade or did you do that yourself?

I do believe that is what Joe is saying here.
Those are BM's standoffs/barrel spacers.
You should give them a call.

Sorry about that...you are absolutely right. I should have read the post more carefully. I think I am sending my 710 off to Benchmade for some hourglass shaped backspacers!

No sorry necessary.
Definitely let us know how you like your 710 with the new spacers.

They're a (requested) factory replacement for the plastic spacer. And yes, the edge doesn't come anywhere near them.

Thank you keyman for the suggestion on where to go. I ordered a bunch and replace my spacers with them. I'm not concerned with the warranty as I take my BMs apart as soon as I get them anyways.

I sent my 710 in to get the standoffs installed and they are "OK" but I wish they looked different. Instead of looking "stepped" like Keyman's and Joe Karp's, they are just straight. It looks like someone took a stainless rod and drilled a hole in it and then cut them to size. They don't look unfinished at all. They look good but they look very generic instead of something that would come from the factory. I dislike them so much that I am going to order some from a place online and replace them myself.

I just sent my 710 to Benchmade today and requested the "hourglass shaped barrel spacers." I am hoping for the best and am confident they will take care of me.

Ya know it just occured to me.......the shot show and NRA Perry Griptilians take the same size barrel spacers as a 710.
I gotta check that out myself.....later.

Back