Benchmade 761 DIY Deep Carry clip - Cheap and quick!

I posted this inside another thread but figured it may be helpful to others so I wanted to put it in its own thread.

In case anyone wants to know a cheap DIY deep carry clip, here is what I did using a Benchmade deep carry clip. The holes on the 761 are slightly canted and narrower so I had to dremel the clip holes as shown in the last pic to get the clip to attach straight. This was my first attempt using a dull bit, but with a sharp burr one could do this in a few minutes and Benchmade provides these clips for free! The clip I used is the Benchmade silver deep carry.

E7491B70-DB0E-4882-9FB8-1EEC3ED93346_zpsx40yte21.jpg

F4B1BB62-C4DE-41A2-A004-D9B63842B7D7_zpscmudddgj.jpg

A31CED07-0508-478F-95D0-9BC94B049472_zpsxudoieii.jpg

7C8AFFEB-6BA7-464A-9FF9-45DEE0D0E2C3_zpsoq2lyt9e.jpg

Last edited:
Could further identify the clip you used? Does it normally come on a particular knife?
Thanks
Rummels

The clip is the Benchmade silver deep carry clip. I don't know if it comes stock on any of their knives but if you call or email and ask, they will send you one for free.

The clip is the Benchmade silver deep carry clip. I don't know if it comes stock on any of their knives but if you call or email and ask, they will send you one for free.

comes on the new G10 grips and a few other knifes i think

That clip when mounted, looks like it belongs on the knife. Why did you decide not to use the clip the knife comes with?

Thanks! To be honest, I really didn't mind the original titanium clip but I knew so many people seemed to dislike it so I wanted to see how easy it would be to fit the Benchmade clip.

The stock clip looks like it can destroy teh paint on a car when getting in and out. I've got a couple gouges on my car and SUV from knife clips. :eek:

Yea, that was a thought too. My wife and I just got a new Odyssey and I reflexively reach down to cover the clip of whatever knife I'm carrying because I'm terrified of that very thing!

I still prefer the machined Ti clip, it gives the knife a futuristic look.

A SS clip on a 761 looks out of place to me.

Back