Benchmade 880 & 885 - Scans

Some 880's and 885's are coming out of the distributor pipeline. Here's what they look like:

bm-880s-885bt.jpg

Here's the other side. Note that the 885 is not just a shrunken version of the 880. For one thing, the thumb stud is ambidextrous on the 880, but right-handed on the 885, so guys like me won't complain that the clip gets in the way of the left thumb.

bm-880s-885bt-closed.jpg

The 880 has the spacer and lanyard attachment of the 875. The 880 has two steel posts instead of a spacer.

bm-880s-885bt-backs.jpg

The 880 and 885 are mechanically different from the 875 in that the 880 and 885 have a stop pin that engages the tang of the blade, instead of having the thumb studs engage the frame, as in the older model.

bm-880-875.jpg

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com
AKTI Member # SA00001

These look very interesting! Any idea as to the retail price (suggested or actual)?

------------------
"To grow older is inevitable.To grow UP is optional."

I am not much of a fan of Benchmade, but these do look tempting.
Always did admire Elishewitz blades.

------------------
"Worst of all my foes, I fear the enemy within"
*John Wesley*

Romans 10:9-10

"Military" Fans Unite!!

It looks as though the handle scales would be fairly interchangable, n'est-ce pas? If so, maybe I can sell off a couple pairs of carbon fiber scales I came across a while ago for the 875 Sentinels. Hmmm.

------------------
Don LeHue

The pen is mightier than the sword...outside of arm's reach. Modify radius accordingly for rifle.

What size blade? They would be great with the Axis lock.

------------------
RICK LEFTIES UNITE

Back