• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

Benchmade 940

This is perhaps a bit premature because they may not have hit the streets yet but has anyone got an opinion of the new Benchmade 940? A very interesting blade style unlike what BM has produced so far. Just curious if anyone has any sort of inof on it. Thanks in advance.

I have a preproduction model. I really like the blade style. Thinner than the other axis lock models. Very elegant. It is considerably smaller than what I thought it would be though. I wish it were about the size of the 710.

------------------
Dennis Bible

I really like it, its refreshingly non-tactical. Could also be a dress knife too.

------------------
AKTI Member # A000005
NC Knife Knuts Member
Living life "on the edge"

I got one of the pre-productions as well, and I like it a lot. smaller than other BM axis locks. I have a 730 (BM/Elisihwitz) and these 2, 730 & 940 have the same blade length, but the 730 is wider and longer (both blade and handle) and the handle is a lot bigger (maybe it has to be seeing as how it's made from g10 and not aluminum) While I can take or leave the radical grinds. I do like the fact that the main cutting grind goes high up the blade this is the best blade I've gotten on a Benchmade. While the cutting edge grind was off, I'm not particularly worried as I will re-sharpen it soon enough. It's a lot of knife in a very compact package. A very good blade to handle ratio!

------------------
~ JerryO ~

Cogito Cogito Ergo Cogito Sum

Back