Benchmade 943 comments requested

I can't seem to get any results with the search, so I thought I'd ask.

I'm considering buying a Benchmade 943 to add to the collection. I'm looking for something a little different from what I already have, which is:

BM 806D2
BM Ritter Grip
BM Monochrome
Kershaw Avalance
CS Recon 1
SOG Sculptura

I like the blade shape of the 943, the AXIS lock and the quality of all the Benchmades I own.

So, any of you 943 owners out there; are you happy with your purchase? Do you wish you had picked up a different model instead?

Thanks everybody!

I've had some 941's in my time (same shape) and they're very well designed knives. The action is like oiled glass. The knife will feel virtually weightless. The blade shape is well thought out for most cutting chores while being able to double as a self-protection implement. That Warren Osborne is very meticulous in his designs.

I carry a 941 with carbon fiber scales and a D2 blade almost daily, (rotate it with a Camillus Dominator). At the moment it is obviously one of my two favorite knives. As Thom said, it is very smooth and well thought out. While not as hand filling as the Dominator, the handle is large enough for most chores, the narrow pointy blade is very useful for my needs and the whole package is light enough to carry in almost any attire. I only have two suggestions, first, get one. Then, if you use the pocket clip, ask Benchmade to send you the split arrow version as I find it more comfortable in the hand for extended use. Good Luck.

Richard

I carry a 941 on and off. A very good quality knife. When it comes to heavy use I usually wind up with a Spyderco though.

Thanks for the comments everybody. I've moved the 943 to the top of my wish list and it will be my next purchase. I ended up buying a BM 710 this time. My first re-curve.

I'm a big fan of the whole 94X line. I have the 941 CFD2 and it's a pleasure to carry and use.

BTW, I spoke to Warren Osborne at the recent NYCKS and he said he personally carries a 940, Limited Edition with the Ti scales and S30V blade.

Go for it! :cool:

I have a 943 and a 940-1 and I am very happy with both.
Actually the 943 see more pocket time than the 940-1.
The blade shapes very practical for most tasks.

The 94x are very slim and you can really forget you carry them some times, but for sure they will be there when and for whatever you need them.
I have been very surprise by how capable they are for such a slim design. Very robust knives that can be trusted.

If you take the 943 you will not be disappointed.
I used them for food prep, light EDC tasks, cardboard cutting in the warehouse etc...
No problems.

The 943 is clearly one of the most common knife in my rotation

I have a 943 and it's one of my favorite knives. The combination of blade length, weight, axis lock and slender pocket profile make it a great knife to carry to the office. I'm typically not in love with aluminum handles but they just seem to fit on the 94x family. To make mine a bit more discreet, I put a deep carry clip on it. Sometimes I wonder if I'd been happier with the 940 and the reverse tanto blade shape, but then I look at the sweeping clip point of the 943 and know I like it better :). I've always wondered why Benchmade didn't make LEs based on the 943 rather than all the varieties of 940...

I know this is a seriously NECRO thread......but I LOVE the 943 and wish we would see some LEs!!
My 940 & 943 with DOAT scales!! I prefer the 943.........but the 940 is no slouch!!!
Joe

6ca073dcb72a1f24e1c7b983201c4fae.jpg

1e493e7f51363042d11c1bd74f894ab0.jpg

13145b416de85b9a6f45f16210ac30cf.jpg

Back