1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Benchmade Adamas 2750, Question.

Discussion in 'Knife Laws' started by Jc_1218, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Jc_1218

Jc_1218

Apr 25, 2017
    Hi!
    I was looking at Benchmade Adamases and i was wondering
    If the AXIS auto could fall under Assisted Opening
    I know it says "Auto" I am just wondering if it could work if i decide to carry one for work (I live in CA) Tried to do some google digging didn't find much to help.
    I've been carrying Emersons, Just wanted to see if it was even possible to carry a Auto Adamas. Since I really like the design of the Adamas and heard amazing stories from my friend who own one. I know there is a manual version but i manage to get a deal for a Auto version much cheaper than the manual version.
    Not gonna fidget it and go waving it around.

Thank you, Have a good day.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  2. Knife_Collector_101

Knife_Collector_101

Sep 21, 2018
    Autos are illegal to carry in CA unless the blades are under 2 inches. I don't think the Axis auto could in anyway be seen as "assisted" since you aren't touching any part of the blade to initiate the opening. You pull on the Axis mechanism which is in the handle so I don't see how it could be considered anything other than auto. I guess you could take the spring out and use it like a regular Axis lock folder.

3. MaxRichards

MaxRichards Knife Collector Platinum Member

Feb 14, 2019
    Pretty sure there's no way to pass off an Adamas Auto as a regular Assist, considering there's no way to open the blade manually by grabbing the blade. No detent = no way to deploy it without auto-deploying it. No cop with even an ounce of street sense would buy that argument IMHO. The regular 275 is a great knife, though, so if you're concerned with liability and legal ramifications, why not just get the 275 and be done with it?

4. stevejams

stevejams Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 27, 2018
    I literally have had the same thoughts as you. I have an auto adamas that I would love to carry but I live in NY where ALL autos are illegal :eek:. My thoughts are “better safe than sorry” HOWEVER....if you ever feel like picking up a manual, it is just as good if not better, as the blade is larger due to the automatic mechanism limiting the blade size. It has become my new favorite blade and even if I could carry the automatic, I believe I would still go with the manual. Just something to think about...