Benchmade and their choices as a company

Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone grinds a Gold Class in half, ill watch that video. Lol.

Edited to clarify that I have no dog in this fight.

It's not about them cutting up some seized guns as much as them financially supporting anti gun politicians.
What if Les' support has nothing to do with the politicians' views on firearms but, you know, one of the other countless issues that we face (one of those Dems actually voted for concealed carry by the way)? The world is complex and seeing everything binary 0/1 is a bit to simple, too say the least. That said, vote with your wallet.

BUT if the world doesn't end in a week and your blood pressure returns to normal I'd suggest looking at the Valet, it's quite a small knife but great for the office setting... I had the Foray as my Mon-Fri EDC for 1+ year but the Valet kicked it out.

What is most interesting here on BF is how Benchmade's participation in the video is splitting this community. Even more interesting is how many frequent posters are willing to publicly take sides and expose their political views.

Hard to imagine the police department maintenance shop(s) don't have an angle grinder, and I'm willing to bet the local fire department has demo saws.

That said, the police department really screwed Benchmade on this one with their "public relations" stunt. Friendly fire there. The knife buying public's ire now has knifeknuts researching Benchmade's political stances and contributions. Won't matter much what Benchmade says now. Decisions for and against have been made.

So what you’re saying is Benchmade cuts up guns as ordered by their local PD? I’m far less bothered by this than their ridiculous prices for what you get.

Good observation.
That s the main problem with Benchmade.

The PD reached out to BenchMade to do a job that has to be done and it saved Taxpayers Money so what's the big deal hear? Im LMAO at how Butt hurt some folks got before they even knew any of the facts! For :poop: sake people do a little research on the interweb before you get your panties in a bunch, cancel orders, and trash a great USA based company. For those people still upset over this Travesty I will personally pay you 10 cents on the dollar Via Paypal for your NIB Benchmade knives :D so let's all simmer down and have a couple of beers :cool::thumbsup:

If you pay more than 60 cents on the dollar, you ll probably overpay for a Benchmade, at their current pricing policy.

I like guns and all, but some of you guys are getting a bit too up in...ARMS! :rolleyes: lol Seriously though, this is no big deal. Im more concerned with the highway robbery they commit with their MAP pricing. :mad:

What if Les' support has nothing to do with the politicians' views on firearms but, you know, one of the other countless issues that we face (one of those Dems actually voted for concealed carry by the way)? The world is complex and seeing everything binary 0/1 is a bit to simple, too say the least. That said, vote with your wallet.

BUT if the world doesn't end in a week and your blood pressure returns to normal I'd suggest looking at the Valet, it's quite a small knife but great for the office setting... I had the Foray as my Mon-Fri EDC for 1+ year but the Valet kicked it out.

Binary thinking and social media goes hand in hand

Some States such as where I live have a ban against police destroying confiscated firearms. They sell them at a annual auction to FFL holders. The money going to the state.

I'm not going to have my Benchmades chopped up or anything, but I was already barely buying them much anyway. Their pricing had already gone pretty crazy for what you get, product-wise.

I judge them more harshly for not recognizing the potential optics of chopping up guns than I do for chopping up the guns, given the huge crossover between gun guys and knife guys. I mean the Venn diagram of the two groups looks like a a big circle with two ultra-slim slices bracketing either side.

It was a bad idea that someone should have spotted a mile off. It's not as criminally stupid as the Dick's management decision to come out as openly anti-gun while attempting to sell outdoors gear to hunters (lol), but it's still not very bright.

What is most interesting here on BF is how Benchmade's participation in the video is splitting this community. Even more interesting is how many frequent posters are willing to publicly take sides and expose their political views.

Why wouldn't people express their political views? It would be hard to have rational discourse about things if we all keep our thoughts to ourselves, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back