Benchmade blade replacement

Just received my 943 back from getting the blade replaced from benchmade, and got me thinking. Already have the original 940 s30v and would love to upgrade to the 940-1, wondering if I sent the knife to benchmade and requested the s90v blade from the 940-1 if they would do it. Gonna send them an email Monday. Upgraded s90v blade and carbon fiber scales from deathofallthings and I will be set

Will ask if they can do it but have my doubts, have no problem paying extra for it if they are willing to do it

BM will only replace a blade for the exact same model specified.For a 940 they will only supply a S30V blade and a 940-1 only a S90V one.

Reactions: Mo2
The only change they're willing to make is serrated<=>plain edge. I had my 707S rebladed into a 707.

They will also swap a satin for DLC coated blade, or the other way.
+$5 to upgrade to DLC. No charge going from DLC to satin.

Last edited:
Will ask if they can do it but have my doubts, have no problem paying extra for it if they are willing to do it

paying extra of how much, $30 or $90? you are asking BM to pimp you knife, not warranty service. But I am all for you. Good luck!

the only time i’ve heard of them upgrading blade steel in that way is if the knife in question came from the custom shop, such as a griptillian. or if the base steel for the knife changed, like when they switched from using 154cm to s30v on the 940.

I didn’t get a steel upgrade, but I did send in a 943 and requested a 940 blade. They changed it, no problem. Great group of folks!

I didn’t get a steel upgrade, but I did send in a 943 and requested a 940 blade. They changed it, no problem. Great group of folks!
Nice, however, Benchmade has said, in their forum, that they won't switch blades between 940's and 943's. However, as you've found, that sometimes they do. I guess it depends on whoever is doing the work.

Back