• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

Benchmade D&L Sports Custom

Hello everyone, my first post, my first real knife. :)

Would anyone have information on my Benchmade D&L Sports Custom? Can't seem to find anything on the net.

Thanks! :)

dlcustom_1.jpg

Looks to be an Emerson design BM 970, part serrated. The Benchmade version of the CQC-7. The 970 has been out of production for several years, but a search for it should yield some results.

Welcome to Bladeforums! :)

I go along with yablanowitz. It looks like the knife that came out just before Emerson started up his own production. The "D&L Sports Custom" is on the back of the blade and was probably after-market advertising.

Here's the D&L Sports website http://www.dlsports.com/ "Custom Gunsmithing and Manufacturing". I can see them having an Emerson special edition made for their customers.

The knife itself is an excellent piece of work, though. I have a 975, the slightly larger black-bladed version. Some people think it's superior to the early Emersons. I know I used mine hard when I first got it, even though the chisel-ground tanto is not exactly an ideal utility blade. It's still in excellent, if cosmetically scarred, condition.

Thanks yablanowitz!

Esav Benyamin, thanks! Saw the website but couldn't get any info/pic on my knife.

Is it a collectors item? Would you guys know how much it would go for today? :)

So, THAT's what I've been carrying for 11 years!!!! A BM970 (or probably a 975 because mine is longer than that model pictured). Mine is not a custom though, just a plain "Emerson" Benchmade.

I've been guessing this past year that it was similar to the 710, but now that I see your picture, that's what I have.

11 years? Cool. :thumbup:

So, THAT's what I've been carrying for 11 years!!!! A BM970 (or probably a 975 because mine is longer than that model pictured). Mine is not a custom though, just a plain "Emerson" Benchmade.

I've been guessing this past year that it was similar to the 710, but now that I see your picture, that's what I have.

Not a clue on the value. If you spot one for sale on ebay you might have an idea. There is no "knife book value", though, just guesses on some standard items.

I was just glad to find the website to see that it was a company that would ahve a natural interest in a weapons-related special. They probably only listed the knife for a short period of time, until they all sold out. But ... you might contact them for more info from their files.

Back