Benchmade D&L Sports Custom

Hello everyone, my first post, my first real knife. :)

Would anyone have information on my Benchmade D&L Sports Custom? Can't seem to find anything on the net.

Thanks! :)

dlcustom_1.jpg

Looks to be an Emerson design BM 970, part serrated. The Benchmade version of the CQC-7. The 970 has been out of production for several years, but a search for it should yield some results.

Welcome to Bladeforums! :)

I go along with yablanowitz. It looks like the knife that came out just before Emerson started up his own production. The "D&L Sports Custom" is on the back of the blade and was probably after-market advertising.

Here's the D&L Sports website http://www.dlsports.com/ "Custom Gunsmithing and Manufacturing". I can see them having an Emerson special edition made for their customers.

The knife itself is an excellent piece of work, though. I have a 975, the slightly larger black-bladed version. Some people think it's superior to the early Emersons. I know I used mine hard when I first got it, even though the chisel-ground tanto is not exactly an ideal utility blade. It's still in excellent, if cosmetically scarred, condition.

Thanks yablanowitz!

Esav Benyamin, thanks! Saw the website but couldn't get any info/pic on my knife.

Is it a collectors item? Would you guys know how much it would go for today? :)

So, THAT's what I've been carrying for 11 years!!!! A BM970 (or probably a 975 because mine is longer than that model pictured). Mine is not a custom though, just a plain "Emerson" Benchmade.

I've been guessing this past year that it was similar to the 710, but now that I see your picture, that's what I have.

11 years? Cool. :thumbup:

So, THAT's what I've been carrying for 11 years!!!! A BM970 (or probably a 975 because mine is longer than that model pictured). Mine is not a custom though, just a plain "Emerson" Benchmade.

I've been guessing this past year that it was similar to the 710, but now that I see your picture, that's what I have.

Not a clue on the value. If you spot one for sale on ebay you might have an idea. There is no "knife book value", though, just guesses on some standard items.

I was just glad to find the website to see that it was a company that would ahve a natural interest in a weapons-related special. They probably only listed the knife for a short period of time, until they all sold out. But ... you might contact them for more info from their files.

Back