Benchmade deep cary clip vs the mini deep carry clip, which one do you prefer ?

Screenshot-2021-01-07-Search-results-for-940-Benchmade-Knife-Company-1.png

VS

Screenshot-2021-01-07-Search-results-for-940-Benchmade-Knife-Company.png

Which one do you prefer and why ? What are the advantages and disadvantages ? Does it depend on the knife ?

For me it depends on the knife. I have found that the mini is a little stiffer in retention. Can be a good or a bad thing but for most people it will matter where the clip lands in your hand in relation to the grip. I like the standard for my large and small grip. I have the mini on the bugout and a Hogue mini ritter.

I second that it depends on the knife. For me I like the bug out clip on my 531, 535, and 940 series knives. I like the longer clips on the full size griptilian and my crooked river knives. I would grab a copy of each clip and see what works best for you.

JonesE

I really liked the idea of the smaller clip but, the larger one is what I use if I want a deep carry clip.

The reason is simple. In theory the knife is more secure with a longer clip.

I dislike the mini deep carry clip immensely, and I replaced the one on my bugout with the regular deep carry variety. It's too stiff (same cross section and has to deflect the same distance as the full sized version, but is half as long) and it puts the upturned ramp section in a place where the knife is no longer comfortable in hand. Terrible design.

I replaced the clip on my 940 with a mini deep carry clip. I think the long clip would be disproportionate on the knife, plus I like the fact that it's not branded.

Back