Benchmade Discussion without Politics or Insults

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are Canadians even allowed to own knives or did they gleefully vote their own rights away like the British did? Serious question man, I don't know Canadian law. I'm not even sure if it's legal, are knives covered under ITAR?

Again, the title of the thread asks there be no political discussion so i'm trying to respect that, have only voiced my reaction to this debacle and my intentions as a knife buyer/enthusiast.

But in general, even if I could, I wouldn't sell anything to anyone in countries where they have taken away a person's natural right to defend themselves, that's just ignorant and bizarre.

And personally, as already stated, if you're okay with tyrants and control freaks stealing people's property and rights, then no, nothing I have is for sale to you, i'll destroy it before I would do that.

But i'm sure there are others who feel differently, feel free to purchase from them, unlike most liberals in this country today, I don't feel like i'm qualified or have the "right" to decide what's best for YOU, own what you like, buy what you like, do what you like, just don't hurt other people doing it and we're good.

Um, yes, Canada allows knives, and guns! And, in fact, we DON'T allow the messed up seizure laws that have over-run the USA. You realize your tax dollars go towards funding local law enforcement that can legally steal from people for absolutely no reason? The 'rights' of the property are much more lax (in American lawyerspeak) than the rights of the people, so they have a loop hole. You mention supporting actual tyrants... something you do with your taxes right now. Perhaps read about https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_forfeiture_in_the_United_States

By your own logic then, no one should deal with any American business or individuals - since your taxes go to support systems of tyranny like that?
I add this in a sincere manner, since it really does go to the heart of your semantics I believe and also applies to the issues raised with knives in the OP.

So much of what this guy says is factually incorrect and intentionally obtuse. Let's have a look at a few of his posts so far:

Yea I’ve noticed that. I see those same kind of people praising articles on Fox News. I stay well out of that non sense though. I’d just hate to see my favorite knife brand suffer because people can’t look past an issue that doesn’t even affect them. I’m willing to bet most of these people don’t even live in Oregon.

Here we have him saying benchmade monetarily supporting politicians which include people like Senator Ron wyden doesn't effect us. This is factually incorrect, WE are one country and what happens in my backyard effects ME and my children, perhaps not instantly, but it will. Look past an issue? The issue is the 2nd amendment protects all other rights and freedoms. It is THE issue. Which is why so many people here and across our nation feel so strongly.

But the second amendment does seem to be one of the few issues a certain party cares about. And Benchmade isn’t affecting their rights at all.

More factually incorrect nonsense, financing politicians (like Martin heinrich) who actively seek to limit magazine size and which firearms can be owned ABSOLUTELY affects our rights. Let's not forget the purpose of the 2nd amendment is to keep the government in check, significantly hobbling citizens ability to do so effects their rights directly and makes absolutely no one safer. As I brought up in the other bemchmade thread, the worst school massacre in US history was commited with gasoline, fire, bombs. Not firearms. So why disarm people? Things that make you go huh?

And he’s pro gun. What’s your point?

Notice a trend here? You guessed it, more false information. No, Senator Mark udall is NOT pro gun, something he has in common with more than a few of the politicians Benchmade has been supporting.

I don’t care enough about politics to donate to anyone. I’m here to point out how incorrect it is, IMO, to dismiss a product because of politics.

Here, mylest says something accurate... That what he keeps regurgitating profusely is HIS OPINION. He took it upon himself to crusade and lecture everyone here they were wrong because...wait for it... his opinion is different. :rolleyes:

And most conservatives care literally about one issue alone and don’t consider the effects it may have on other issues. What was that about short sightedness?

Short sightedness... ah, the irony. How can you guarantee once people are disarmed that they have any recourse if the governement over steps its bounds? You can't. Fortunately, the men who brought the 2nd amendment into existence did so thinking of the future, having just experienced a government attempting to rule them instead of the people ruling the government. You know who wasn't short sighted? Our founding fathers;)

That’s a pretty broad statement to claim the left= anti 2A. Plenty of Dems support the 2A as vehemently as the right. As far as cutting up the guns, as I understand, it’s Oregon’s law therefore they’d be destroyed one way or another. I see that as BM helping their local community. I’ll agree democrats tend to push more for gun control (not even CLOSE to anti 2A), but they don’t push for disarming citizens. Not even the ones Benchmade donated money to.

Funny, I see and hear many issues brought up by democrats, but oddly protecting our 2nd amendment is NEVER one of them. Head over to cnn and read about gun violence and the solutions they propose. Listen to the democrat senators running for president, is protecting the ability of the people to check the government one of their talking points? No. It isn't.

Benchmade chose this and the reactions are damn justified. I can only hope this sends a message to others that we will vote with our dollars.

Time to close this one.

Numerous opinions have been expressed and quite honestly I do not see the back and forth coming to an end any time soon, if ever.

This thread is highly political and as such any further discussion needs to be taken to the Political Arena, you will need a paid membership to participate there.

I would like to personally thank the members that were mature enough to keep this thread civil instead of resorting to childish ass comments that for so many, is their only answer to something they do not agree with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back