Benchmade fan turned Spyderco?!

I have about 15 spyderco vs 3 BM. But there are several BM you can’t beat. One of them is 940 series.

Reactions: sv4
There's several things that drew me away from Benchmade and towards Spyderco.

There's a variety of "must own" knives in Spyderco's line up, not for collecting purposes, but for function. They have many ergonomic champions.

For me it's the steel... I wanted more than what S30V and S35VN can deliver and at work I need more. M390/20cv isn't enough on some days where I'm cutting volumes of dirty cardboard.

This was the tipping point for me with Spyderco and what caused me to buy an embarrassing amount of Spyderco knives over the last 6 or months.

The availability of true high-end steel types on Spyderco's various models for me becomes a force multiplier in the value proposition.

I've never called myself a collector of anything but I can see how Spyderco can make a collector out of someone real quick.

It's interesting how a thread about discovering a company that makes a lot of great knives inevitably contains a few posts that are more about dissatisfaction with the products of another specific company, especially when the OP stated that he has BM knives that he loves. :rolleyes:

I only have one Benchmade and I don't have enough experience with it to complain. However, the thought of BM engaging in distasteful political activity is food for thought. Hopefully Spyderco will quietly encourage knife enthusiasts to unite in spite of all that divides us (because what is better than bonding over a mutual love of knives, right?). Let the other companies engage in vocal political activity.

I have about 15 spyderco vs 3 BM. But there are several BM you can’t beat. One of them is 940 series.
Same here, I too have many more Spydies than BMs, similar ratio of 5:1. Somehow was never really drawn towards the popular & top selling BMs like their Griptilians & Bugouts, but I really like some of their models like the Warren Osborne 940 & Contego, and their excellent Pardue 531.

Last edited:
Back