1. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 44 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Spyderco C230GPPBK Lil Native Black Blade & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, Cold Steel Stickers & Boker Tree Brand Hat , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)
  3. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

Benchmade Griptilian and Benchmade Freek Blade Swap!

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Christopher D. Yniguez, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Christopher D. Yniguez

Christopher D. Yniguez

Aug 20, 2019
    Hello all I waswonderingif the BenchmadeFreek's(full size) blade could be removed and placed in Benchmade Griptilian's (full size) scales and liners. If it is possible please post pictues of it. Thanks.

2. LastRodeo

LastRodeo Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 2, 2013
    Pardon me for asking. Why would you want to?

3. Christopher D. Yniguez

Christopher D. Yniguez

Aug 20, 2019
    I previously owned the large Freek and absolutely loved the knife overall. I just couldn't get over the handle shape and material of the handle. I did however love the blade shape and the way it cut. However the Griptilian handle just feels so much better to me. And I love the Ritter blade shape. However I am a whore for swapping blades. Check out my Hogue RSK Mk1 G2 and Griptillian blade swap.

Henry Beige likes this.
  4. Christopher D. Yniguez

Christopher D. Yniguez

Aug 20, 2019

5. LastRodeo

Nov 2, 2013
    Sounds like you need a BM Ritter Grip.

Dallas T likes this.
  6. Christopher D. Yniguez

Christopher D. Yniguez

Aug 20, 2019
    That would be great they were still in productuon. And the ones that I see for sale are usually over 250$...yikes!

7. LastRodeo

Nov 2, 2013
    I have a Freek in my mailbox. I can see if the blade fits in the Grip, if you dont get an answer before then.

8. marrenmiller

marrenmiller Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 6, 2017
    Why don't you just get the M4 super freek, or the Hogue RSK-1? I don't think you'll have success swapping the blades on two different benchmade models.

9. Christopher D. Yniguez

Christopher D. Yniguez

Aug 20, 2019
    I have the Hogue RSK 1. I am not interested in the Super Freek, truth be told, and I know I'm in the minority there. I dont like black blades or red colored knives. And Im interested I am able to swap blades that would just open so many options. As I've said I already swapped blades between the Hogue RSK 1 G2 and the Benchmade Griptilian Sheepfoot and I must say the swap looks great. The Ritter blade looks AWESOME in Griptilian handles.

10. Christopher D. Yniguez

Christopher D. Yniguez

Aug 20, 2019
    THANK YOU LastRodeo. Thats all I wanted to know. Could you attach some pictures as well? I would attach some pictures of my swap but I can't seem to figure how to attach pictures on thie forum.

11. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    Dallas T and LastRodeo like this.
  12. marrenmiller

marrenmiller Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 6, 2017
    Seeing as how the freek blade is nearly a copy of the ritter blade shape (as the Freek was intended as a replacement for the Ritter Grip), I just don't get what it is you're looking for here, but I wish you the best in your search.

13. Christopher D. Yniguez

Christopher D. Yniguez

Aug 20, 2019
    I am simply curious to know if the Freek blade will fit in Griptilian handles and scales. I like the Freek blade shape and function. I cant stand the Freek's handle shape or rubber matterials or looks. I would like to place Freek blade into Griptilian handles as I very much like the shape and function of those handles/scales. I also like all the color options of the Griptilian. We all have our caveats for our knives.

14. Christopher D. Yniguez

Christopher D. Yniguez

Aug 20, 2019
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. tgtodd

tgtodd

Dec 19, 2015
    Nope, will not work.
    Blade stop position if different, I tried.

16. Barman1

Barman1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 21, 2013
    I think the pivot hardware on the Freek is larger in diameter.
    Could be wrong though...

17. tgtodd

tgtodd

Dec 19, 2015
    Same size, wider pivot with fine threads like G10 GripTs.

Barman1 likes this.
  18. Christopher D. Yniguez

Christopher D. Yniguez

Aug 20, 2019
    Just
    Just out of curiosity did the blade stop too soon before locking up or did it stop too late and hit the inside of the handles? I would just like a better explanation is all, possibly with some photos. Also did you try switching out the axis lock in each knife?? They may be a slightly different diameter and this would affect how late or how soon the blade would lock. Thanks.

19. tgtodd

tgtodd

Dec 19, 2015
    Yep, will not let it open fully.
    Blade stop on GripT will not let the Freek blade pivot.

20. LastRodeo

Nov 2, 2013
    I’m glad you replied, thank you. It didn’t look like it would work, when I eyeballed it. I’m glad I didn’t have to break down two knives to find out.