Benchmade interview with Tom Gresham

I've stood by them this whole time and love my knives from Benchmade but that interview opened my eyes to there has to be some big changes fast! Tom Gresham did a great job!

Did I miss something? Where was Lynn Thompson involved in this? I’m just honestly confused. Just heard about this info with Benchmade and trying to go through it all.

Transgressions aside.

This whole thing has been handled with the utmost incompetence.

Should have took a page. Lynn Thomson handled this perfectly. With class, honestly and integrity. And took no dirty shots. As a matter of fact..Lynn to a couple of clean ones.

I've seen none of that from Benchmade thus far. Quite the contrary.

Who's laughing at Lynn now? Nobody.

I certainly won't anymore. Cold Steel will be getting more of my business, for sure.

Les and Jr should have went in the feild, rolled their sleeves up, and shot some firearms..apologized, sincerely... spoke about plans forward and reaffirmed their commitment to 2A.

..all, while eating apple pie.

A token 5 figure donation wouldn't hurt.

Transgressions moved back, front 'n center.

Did I miss something? Where was Lynn Thompson involved in this? I’m just honestly confused. Just heard about this info with Benchmade and trying to go through it all.
Their Instagram page the day this all broke had a shot of a knife of theirs next to a glock and the second amendment text. They didn’t reference this directly but it’s impossible to miss the connection they were drawing and the statement being made.

ZT on the other hand...no so subtle.

Silence from Spyderco, they’re not real active on social media in general though.

Their Instagram page the day this all broke had a shot of a knife of theirs next to a glock and the second amendment text. They didn’t reference this directly but it’s impossible to miss the connection they were drawing and the statement being made.

ZT on the other hand...no so subtle.

Silence from Spyderco, they’re not real active on social media in general though.
Just more signs of Spyderco's class and Kai's lack thereof.

Emersons instagram post literally said you’ll never catch us cutting guns lol! Was kind of offensive to a company who’ve had colabs

Lynn had made a video shortly after the BM debacle. Just him doing some shooting, talking knives and his and the company's commitment to 2A.

Im trying to find it.

If anyone else knows what video I reference...please assist if you're able.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the info. I tend to miss out on a lot. I am not on Instagram or Facebook.

Last edited:
Same here..no FB/Twitter/Istagram..

Probably why I'm having trouble finding it..

Lynn shoots a pencil w/ a 1911/.45 and some other handguns..doesn't mention BM, but it was an obvious opportunity taken advantage of..it was fairly short/sweet..10min or so, I believe.

Thanks for the info. I tend to kiss out on a lot. I am not on Instagram or Facebook.

There was no lack of class from KAI, they were just confirming their support for the second amendment.
Not explicitly (this time), but Kai/ZT has a well deserved reputation for acting like asshats in interactions with customers and enthusiasts online. I once posted pictures of a warped blade Natrix I got and their sales director (Thomas W) literally called me a liar in spite of clear pics.

I don’t envy BM Jimmy for his job these days!

After listening to the interview with Benchmade I'm even more discussed with them than I was before. WOW!:thumbsdown:
fighter-jet-military-plane-animated-gif-34.gif

Last edited:
Not explicitly (this time), but Kai/ZT has a well deserved reputation for acting like asshats in interactions with customers and enthusiasts online. I once posted pictures of a warped blade Natrix I got and their sales director (Thomas W) literally called me a liar in spite of clear pics.

I don’t envy BM Jimmy for his job these days!

There’s a solid reason KAI/ZT doesn’t have its own sub forum anymore. The meltdown was epic!

@Benchmade time to close the forum down here, I'm thinking most are done with you and the Gresham interview just solidifies you are not ready to deal with this. Keep up the worthless internal investigation though! Didnt touch base on why donations to politicians was ever made as it's against your stated policy.

3 pages of reasonable discussion about the topic so you guys have to run it off the rails..

I carry my Mini Grip every day, not selling it or grinding it up, but not buying another Benchmade until it's obvious they've changed their direction.

Must have been an interesting conversation between Benchmade and the PD. "No good deed goes unpunished" indeed.

A azjeff

All part of the discussion. I see no one attempting to derail. No finger pointing between members, no personal attacks/accusations, made..'cept yours.

I agree, destruction of knives..some would consider tantamount to destroying firearms. Measured reactions/responses :thumbsup:

Nothing good about that deed.

Stated w/ no aggression.. nor, w/ my finger in your chest. .

Back