Benchmade no longer sent out pocket clip?

Got the new 560bk-1 superfreek last week and it comes with that terrible non-deep carry clip that not even tight enough to touch the g10.
I submitted the part request form as usual fr a deep carry clip, and the customer service replied back with a copy and paste of part of the warranty policy without advising the next steps. When I asked for clarification, the CS said they can only send the same clip that comes with the knife for free(2x a year) and I’ll have to pay $5 for a different clip. This policy also only applies to up to 5 knives a year.
This is a bummer since it wasn't a concern before when buying a model with undesirable clip, now we have to factor the cost in to replace it. Benchmade should consider putting the deep carry clip on all their knives.

I have quite a few Benchmades at this point which came with a wide assortment of clip styles, so I probably wouldn’t have much trouble getting the clip I wanted under this policy. I’ve also bought Benchmades from local dealers who have a “clip kit” and are usually willing to hook you up with a different clip or a couple extras.

This doesn't seem unreasonable to me. It's not as convenient but other companies will only sell you the stock clip and it's more than $5.00.

Thanks for the heads up insta9ves :thumbsup:. I agree with hhmoore about the abuse of that service. It was just a matter of time before the :poop: heads ruined it for the rest of us but it was completely expected and i'm surprised it took so long. Let's have a Big round of applause for those greedy bastards! You now who you are o_O. $5 bucks for a quality clip is still a bargain and wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me.

I’m only about a year into collecting and I seem to gravitate to BM knives (already have 6 of them). I’m also pretty new to this forum so there might be a better place to ask this question but it seem relevant here... I think the $5 sounds pretty reasonable to me and I’ve been thinking about putting deep carry on my crooked river but I’ve never claimed service for anything before. I also just bought a mini-Ti which I know I’m going to want a different clip for (not sure if they even make one with the screws that close together) but I bought it from a seller on BF yesterday and I’m not sure what proof of purchase I might need to submit a request for an alternative clip. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Back