Benchmade Presidio II thoughts?

I have a Benchmade Presidio II incoming. It will be my first benchmade. How do y’all like yours?

Mine was awesome just a bit big for edc though, but that’s opinion. If u don’t mind fairly large then you’ll love cause it was perfect fit finish, lock and centering were all on spot. Felt like a solid tank I sold mine just cause it was a bit big for me

Mine was awesome just a bit big for edc though, but that’s opinion. If u don’t mind fairly large then you’ll love cause it was perfect fit finish, lock and centering were all on spot. Felt like a solid tank I sold mine just cause it was a bit big for me

I’m at home I’m in 3.5-4” range. I’m excited !

I’m at home I’m in 3.5-4” range. I’m excited !

If that's your wheel house, you should love it. I bought a Presidio II locally and was a big fan but I ended up wanting another knife so I sold it. I just purchased another; it was supposed to be here today but I don't think it's gonna make it...

Dallas T Dallas T is right it's a big beefy knife but I found that it cut well, handle is super comfortable, and blade shape is really utilitarian. If that come out with a mini version I think the guys turned off by the size/weight of the standard model will find their new edc.

If that's your wheel house, you should love it. I bought a Presidio II locally and was a big fan but I ended up wanting another knife so I sold it. I just purchased another; it was supposed to be here today but I don't think it's gonna make it...

Dallas T Dallas T is right it's a big beefy knife but I found that it cut well, handle is super comfortable, and blade shape is really utilitarian. If that come out with a mini version I think the guys turned off by the size/weight of the standard model will find their new edc.
Jimmy hinted at a mini version without confirming but was convincing.

I prefer the original to the newer version for my needs. The newer version has a few upgrades, but I feel that the changes in handle design and milling make it feel more bulky than necessary. I like mine, and would think that it was more heavy duty than the old one for multiple reasons, but generally reach for the 520. I would not feel wanting if I only had the 570 though.

On the flip side, I tend to prefer the Boost when I feel like substituting my 520. I will say, that the Presidio 1 and Boost don't slide in and out of the pocket as nicely as the. Presidio 2. I tend to use a belt pouch for those knives, but carry the 570 in my back pocket.

Big fan of the 520. I like the looks of this new one. I would love to see a run made with some m4 steel and possibly micarta scales in place of the aluminum ones. I'd be a buyer then.

I would like to see a mini version with a 4" handle and 3" blade and made as a heavy duty work knife. just a better size to carry in my pocket every day

Only handled one for a few moments at a local dealer and though its too heavy and bulky for what I like the aluminum handles are nice. They feel much nicer than the chalky aluminum feel of the 940/943 models in my opinion. It did feel like a tank of a knife though.

Only handled one for a few moments at a local dealer and though its too heavy and bulky for what I like the aluminum handles are nice. They feel much nicer than the chalky aluminum feel of the 940/943 models in my opinion. It did feel like a tank of a knife though.

A 940 in aluminum is one of my favorite knives but I agree that the coating on the 570 feels so much better. Luckily the chalkiness smooths out over time.

A 940 in aluminum is one of my favorite knives but I agree that the coating on the 570 feels so much better. Luckily the chalkiness smooths out over time.
Yeah it does smooth out fortunately but I don't care for the feel beforehand. Wish they would switch to the smoother finish like on the Presidio 2. I'd be curios to know which one is more durable.

Yeah it does smooth out fortunately but I don't care for the feel beforehand. Wish they would switch to the smoother finish like on the Presidio 2. I'd be curios to know which one is more durable.

Agreed. It's something I can live with but I can't wait for it to smooth out. After handling both I'd almost guarantee the 570.

BTW: ordered a Salt today (wrong forum, I know). :)

Have been carrying a 520 for over a decade now and recently bought a 5700(auto version of the 570) and like it also----the only thing I'm thinking about changing is the deep carry clip---I just can't whip it out as fast or easily as my 520----seems like I'm digging around in my pocket for the 5700 instead of having it out already and using it.

Looks like mine has been delivered! Can't wait for 5 o'clock!

How do you like yours? This seems to be how I like my knives now. Big thick handles, heavy, and, utilitarian. Only thigdg that could make it better is an M4 blade. I love S30V and I’ll buy upgraded models if they present them. Fantastic knife. I did have to bend the pocket clip to get more tension, and the while the knife came SHARP whoever sharpened it did a rough job. It’s going to be used so who cares lol

How do you like yours? This seems to be how I like my knives now. Big thick handles, heavy, and, utilitarian. Only thigdg that could make it better is an M4 blade. I love S30V and I’ll buy upgraded models if they present them. Fantastic knife. I did have to bend the pocket clip to get more tension, and the while the knife came SHARP whoever sharpened it did a rough job. It’s going to be used so who cares lol

Man, I'm loving it. Handle just melts in my hand. Blade works very well for my uses. I prefer a stainless in a folder most days but I could see M4 tranforming this thing into an insane work horse.

Man, I'm loving it. Handle just melts in my hand. Blade works very well for my uses. I prefer a stainless in a folder most days but I could see M4 tranforming this thing into an insane work horse.

I agree I prefer a stainless. My only gripe was the shitty sharpening job.... I mean it’s SHARP but ugly LOL. Outside of that it works well

Back