Benchmade Support for Blade Forums

Really nice to see company interaction! Will there be a mini version of the new aluminum handle presidio?

Hi Jimmy its nice to get a chance to talk to a design engineer. Has Benchmade ever cosidered making a mini 940?
4" handle ,3" blade (to cover silly knive laws in some parts of the world)

They're relative performance but measures based on experience. Crucible is giving relative performance data not marketing talk.

"Substituting niobium carbides for some of the vanadium carbides makes CPM S35VN about 15-20% tougher than CPM S30V without any loss of wear resistance. CPM S35VN’s improved toughness gives it better resistance to edge chipping."

So what? There are other valid parameters and design philosophies to consider.

Hi Jimmy its nice to get a chance to talk to a design engineer. Has Benchmade ever cosidered making a mini 940?
4" handle ,3" blade (to cover silly knive laws in some parts of the world)

Not that I know of.

Hello Jimmy! I'm a huge BM fan from New Zealand. Thanks for your input here on Blade Forums.
Many years ago one of your colleges sent me out a set of factory standoff's for my D2 710. I'd love to know if there are any factory standoffs available for my 707? Respect from Down Under.
Kris :thumbsup:

Hey Kris,

I kinda doubt that is an option these days. You could try asking customer service but typically we send replacement parts internationally not upgrades.

Good suggestion. The downside is it would add another set of SKUs for each of our models in addition to the Satin/BK/Serr SKUs, still feasible though.

I was just thinking about this as I was on the website now. I am looking at a mini-grip with S30v and that Crimson Red being offered by BM but noticed there are no deep carry clips available like that on the 555-1/810 contego/275 adamas.

Since it's not a searchable thing on the site - are there any axis locks with tip down carry? I wouldn't mind adding a Benchmade back into the stable (I had a Spike years ago) but tip up is a no go for me.

890-1701_NPA_zpspv3lorhq.jpg

First one I can think of immediately.
Except it isn't an Axis lock...

There is no current production Axis lock knife with a tip down configuration. I think the 806D2 or 806BK-901 might have had the liners drilled for tip-up or tip-down carry, but I don't remember for certain.

Whatever happened to the benchmade ares I looooooved all of elishewitz benchmade designs including the dark star.

Elishewitz and BM parted company, that's why the Stryker no longer bears his name or looks like one of his. Treasure your old ones :)

Back