Benchmade Warranty

Do the Doug Ritter Griptilians fall under Benchmade's warranty? Also, do Griptilians with AWT scales fall under it as well?

First answer: yes. It's a Benchmade. Second, technically it depends on who you talk to. Disassembling the knife to upgrade the scales voids the warranty. I would call them to ask: 800-800-7427.

First answer: yes. It's a Benchmade. Second, technically it depends on who you talk to. Disassembling the knife to upgrade the scales voids the warranty. I would call them to ask: 800-800-7427.

Thanks! I guess Benchmade would be the best to ask :D:thumbup:.

If you still have the plastic scales would just put them back on before you send it in. If don't have them, I'm not sure, probably have to ask them. Is there something wrong with it now?

I recently sent in a Benchmade 484-1 for broken axis lock springs. I had disassembled it several times for cleaning, and when the lock was acting up and I found the broken springs, I removed them. I contacted benchamde for replacement springs, and they said I had to send it in.

When I eventually sent the knife in for repair, I did not include the broken springs I had removed from the knife. Anybody working on the knife would have certainly known that the knife had been opened. A week after Benchmade received the knife, it was on it's way back to me fixed, sharpened, and ready to carry.

So I can say from my experience, that benchamde repaired one of my knives that had clearly been disassembled. If it's in their official policy to repair disassembled knives I do not know.

Benchmade go well beyond their official Policy, they have a sound CS, one which you can trust in as you make a purchase.

^^ YUP!!!
They go above and beyond!!
Best CS I've dealt with!!
I would say call first and tell them about the scales.
Joe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok cool. Thanks for all the responses.

I do not own any one of these knives just yet. I wanted to be sure they fall/do not fall under the warranty before I did ever make the purchase.

For those of you who have sent your knife in for sharpening, how long is the average turnaround time? (Assuming no additional work needs to be done.)

Ritters are BM. So the warranty applies.

But

No custom hardware.
Clips
Scales
Screws.

Must be all OEM.

Last edited:
For those of you who have sent your knife in for sharpening, how long is the average turnaround time? (Assuming no additional work needs to be done.)
I sent in a 940 once for stripped screws and they sharpened it also while there...about 10-12 days turnaround time if I remember correctly.

I sent in a Triage today for a stripped/broken screw issue. I will update on turnaround when I get it back. I've talked with them on the phone a few times and so far their CS has been very friendly. First time I believe I've had to use warranty service and send one in.

Sent in my 940 that i managed to strip all screws, they resharpened, cleaned, and replace my liners as well as honor my special requests. Customer service went above beyond and took about 4 business days from when they receive my knife to having it arrive to my door.

Everything that I've read makes Benchmade's customer service second to none. They go way beyond their warranty to service their products and for free in a lot of cases. Beyond liking the axis lock and design of their knives, post-purchase support is a HUGE reason why I'm a fan. I mean who else will give you a new blade for $25? No one I can think of.

Benchmade has among best customer service I have ever experienced. Free pocket clips and affordable blade replacements mske Benchmade my favorite production knife company. Unless it's a Ti clip I don't believe manufacturers should charge for pocket clips.

When you buy a knife, or any product for that matter, you are also buying a relationship with a company. BM (and notable others such as Becker, Buck, Busse, hmmm - they all start with the letter "B") obviously gets this and appreciates that relationship knowing that folks will speak of it on boards like this one, tell their friends and what not - also, if you are happy with a company you are much more likely to return to that brand for future purposes. Having a giving view towards CS, as BM does, helps me in my next purchase decision.

While none of this may seem like high level thinking and I certainly do not profess to be endowed with any monopoly on brilliance, it still amazes me how some companies knife nickel and dime their customers, oftentimes loyal customers - short sighted IMHO.

Do the Doug Ritter Griptilians fall under Benchmade's warranty? Also, do Griptilians with AWT scales fall under it as well?

Any Benchmade knives falls under the warranty. The service depends on whether or not the knife has been discontinued and for how long or if it is still a current production model. The nice thing about Benchmade is that they have spare parts for knives available for repairs, such as screws, clips, blades, etc. I would not send the knife in with aftermarket scales, it's a way of saying, "yeah, I voided the warranty so what..", they may or may not work on the knife. They dislike when you disassemble the knives.

I've gotta say I am impressed with their service. I got my Triage back in yesterday, exactly 2 weeks after I mailed it off. The screw that holds the hook in place had loosened up and when I attempted to tighten it, it broke off inside the post. I got an email notification they received it two days after I mailed it off which I thought was pretty cool. When I opened it back up yesterday they had sharpened it, replaced the springs/screws, put on a new clip, and fixed the broken screw issue as well. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. :thumbup::thumbup:

Back